Two factor authentication

Hello, i tried to enable two factor authentication on my phone number, i live in kuwait, i tried the request twice and didn’t receive any message. Can anyone help me with this ?

1 Like

Hey @RockieCrow! As we value both your security and your privacy here at Ring, this concern would best be resolved with our support team. Feel free to give us a call, at 800-656-1918, for further assistance with this. Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

hello Marley,

I can’t Access international calls, can you please call me instead ? I’d Appreciate it.

00965 51154146.

thank you.

Hey @RockieCrow! Our Community is a peer to peer environment where neighbors can interact, share ideas, assist one another, and ask questions. If you are needing additional or in-depth support, we recommend reaching out to our team either by chat or by phone.

We have various phone options for reaching us below:
  Call Us

More numbers can be found on our contact support page at Ring.com. :slight_smile:

1 Like

hello Marley, i don’t have access to international calls, can you please call me ? or connect me to a chat room !

The method of two factor authentication used by Ring is obsolete and prone to hacking – see this article (one of hundreds) highlighting Microsoft’s alarm about this: https://www.csbnews.net/technology/microsoft-warns-smartphone-twofactor-authentication-86646462

RING: please get your IT folks up to date asap and get with Authenticator apps, NOT two factor authentication via text!!

1 Like

Come on you guys. I just received an email from Ring instructing me to switch 2FA to receiv the authorization code text message.

Subject: Important Reminder: Update Two-Step Verification to Text Message

Right after Microsoft has begun pubically warning people to cease using this method of receiving an auth code!

https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-urges-users-to-stop-using-phone-based-multi-factor-authentication/

Please get it together. This does not look good coming from a company supposedly providing security.

Ring, I solely use my phone for access. Considering it uses biometric auth, can we end the 2 factor on the apps? I understand the computer access, but for phone apps with biometrics, it’s pointless. Or let us use biometric sign in. This is not a welcome change…