Two Factor Authorization EMAIL

The problem for me is just on the web page login. I login, and it sends me the below email.

| Hi Neighbor, |
|

We’ve detected a new device or web browser attempting to log into your Ring account. To confirm this was you, please enter the verification code below in the app or browser now.

Your verification code:

XXXXXX

|

This is great. I have no problems with this.

The web page logs me out after 5 minutes of inactivity. I go back and have to log in again. So in addition to having to log in again, I get another:

| Hi Neighbor, |
|

We’ve detected a new device or web browser attempting to log into your Ring account. To confirm this was you, please enter the verification code below in the app or browser now.

Your verification code:

XXXXXX

|

Ok, this is the same device and web browser I logged in and authorized five minutes ago. Why do I have to authorize again so soon. So every time I want to check my account or videos I have to go through this process. Again I like this idea, but on other web pages they store the device you had already authorized via the 2FA email and either alow that device to log in again without 2FA email permentently, or for a set period of time (day, week, month, etc).

Having to not only log in to my Ring account, but my email account to get the code over and over again the same day is not something I find user friendly.

1 Like