Two Factor Authentication TFA **VERY** unreliable

The Ring TFA is VERY unreliable.

In the last few days I have struggled to login to my account because I’m not reliably getting the authorization code via SMS. I have no trouble getting text messages from anyone else but I have to re-send the authorization code over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again before I finally get one. It is the most frustrating thing because any time I am trying to log in to my account, it is for something important. A few days ago I couldn’t get in for over an hour. And then all at once I got a storm of TFA authorization codes.

Today I went through the same excercise and in the end I got only one authorization code.

This is ridiculous. If you are going to force us to use TFA then you have to make it work reliably. Nobody should have to go through this process just to log in to their account.

Sorry to hear about this experience @uscpsycho! At Ring we value your security and your privacy, which is why we’ve implemented features such as two factor authentication to keep your account secure. This is intended to work efficiently and securely.

The best first step here is to ensure VPN is disabled, and other apps on the mobile device are closed. Please also try this utilizing wifi only, as well as cell data only, on your mobile device to see if one connection is more efficient than the other. If you have android, try checking for any apps that might conflict with the Ring app. Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a great way to ensure for optimal integration with your mobile device. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: