Turn off cell notifications in Disarmed mode

Is there a way in which to turn off cell phone open/close notifications when the Ring alarm system is in Disarmed mode? I would still like to receive cell phone notifications when alarm is in Home and Away mode, but would like to just disable notifications when in Disarmed mode. Thanks

1 Like

Good question @chazzary. Other than manually toggling off notifications during these times, there is not currently a way to do so automatically. It sounds like you will benefit from our upcoming Modes feature though! Modes will allow you to control what all of your devices do based on a customizable mode. Check out our Community post on Modes to learn more :slight_smile:

Just got a few hours wind is making it go off constantly don’t no how

Hi @Estelle, your concerns seem different then the one in this post. It might be helpful if you start a new post in a board specific to the device you are experiencing this with so that other neighbors can discuss it with you. Thisarticle might help you when creating your post. Thanks!

Is there now a solution to this? When I put my system in disarmed mode I don’t want to receive notifications but I do in home and away modes

Hi @Emilyn7! When using Modes with Cameras and Doorbells included, your disarmed mode can certainly prevent motion, while home and away mode enables it. These modes can also control your Alarm chirp noises, which you can customize. In regards to Alarm alerts to your mobile device from Sensors, at this time those alerts can only be controlled individually per device in the Ring app. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slight_smile: