Targeted Email Offers

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that a lot of people are upset over your Targeted Emails that offer deals to only certain members. Like your most recent one that offers the Ring Spotlight Wired Cam for $49. I have been a owner since the beginning and have many many Ring products and did not receive a email.

I feel like they do more harm than good for the companies running them. All you see is a lot of upset people many who have been loyal customers for years or spend a lot of money get passed over. I just don’t see how that’s a positive end result for these companies?

Everyone finds out about the deals on different web sites and it does nothing but cause discontent for your company. Look and read the threads on Slickdeals right now regarding this.

Because of what you are doing, and by passing me over, I will be selling all my Ring equipment and replacing it with Nest products starting today. I was going to buy 2 of your spotlight cams but will not now and will move my business elsewhere as well as encourage everyone on Slickdeals to do the same.

As a matter of fact, I will contact Nest now and inform them of the situation and see if they will offer the slickdeals people a discount for switching. Very poor move, and for you not to give it to existing customers who are contacting you today (which is many) makes it that much worse.

RF

1 Like