Shipping to Canada?

Have folks purchased products from Ring directly and had them shipped from the US? Curious if brokerage/duties are included in the cost or whether to expect a surprise invoice from UPS or whomever Ring uses after the fact?

Hey @pbc. Just wanted to chime in here! When ordering directly from Ring.com, the price you pay for the product and the shipping are included here, but they will ship from the US. Therefore, any customs and fees associated with shipping are going to be your responsibility if you purchase this way. Hopefully other Canadian neighbors can chime in and speak to how they have felt the process it! Consider this a nice bump for your post. :slight_smile:

If you end up purchasing through us, feel free to share how this went for you as this may help future Canadian neighbors!

1 Like

I have the same question. Someone that went through this process that can tell us if there are some duties charges that we have to pay to get this in Canada?

Regards

Hi, I gave this a try. On December 6, 2020, I ordered the GE Plug-In Outdoor Smart Switch ($44.99usd + tax) from Ring.com. It was shipped out by UPS December 30, 2020 from Riverside, California and delivered January 6, 2021 to Richmond, BC. I’ve read about couriers sending invoices to buyers for brokerage fees etc, after delivery. So far nothing.
J.

Thanks for the update , UPS has to be one of the worst for brokerage to Canada.
I have ordered from black diamond, rock auto and they have organized a deal with the shippers for taxes duties upfront.
It’s a shame a company like ring can’t figure this out. Would increase sales a great deal.
Appreciate your comment about no fees from ups but I’m not brave enough to make a order. Been on the wrong side of ups brokerage blackmail scheme

I agree on ups they are the worst it seems there is no consistency in duty charges. Sometime they get you other times they don’t