Sharing Ring Device with Family

I installed a Ring Video Doorbell for my mom, and she shared the notifications with me. How can I access video on her device from my account ?

Hey @JJohnson27519. You will need to make sure you are listed as a shared user. If you’re listed as a shared user on her account, you can access her device at any time by toggling your locations. Once you open up the Ring app, go into the main menu and then click on your current Location above the Dashboard. Once you select that, you’ll see a location that says “Location Name (Shared).” This will be your mom’s location. Select that, go to devices, and you should see it there!

I have the same question. However, I don’t see the shared location name on my app. Yes, I am listed as a shared user on her account. Please advise.

Hi @samsengsavang. Ensure your Ring app is fully updated, and that you are logged into the correct Ring account that the devices were shared with. You should then be able to tap the Location name at the top of the Ring app to bring up a drop-down menu, and select the Location with (Shared) in the name. If it doesn’t appear, have the original owner of the device remove you as a Shared User and resend the invite after verifying the email address for your Ring account is correct.

My husband shared his device with me and it keeps notifying him hat I have not accepted the invitation

Hi @theplumber213. I’d suggest having your husband delete the invitation and resend it, ensuring he has sent it ot the correct email address that is associated with your Ring account.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.