Ring doorbells and chimes no longer connect to Linksys Velop Mesh System

I purchased a Linksys Velop mesh router system (AC2200) a few weeks ago. I was able initially to connect my 2 Ring Doorbell 2s and a Ring Chime. The Ring Chime stopped connecting at some point, but I didn’t really bother with it since I get notifications on the my phone and through Alexa. My batteries on my two doorbells had both died a couple days ago. After replacing the batteries both doorbells show as either Critically Low Battery even though it is a full battery or offline.

I found that Ring devices may have issues with the mesh network due to not splitting the bands, so I split the bands on my router so I have a dedicated 2.4 and 5 network. I cannot connect the doorbells or the chimes to either band. The strange thing is prior to this I had a Gryphon mesh router system and I didn’t have any issues with the Ring devices and that mesh system.

I have a second backup wifi network on a different ISP that is much slower also a linksys router (WRT1900AC) which is not a mesh router. I am able to connect to this router without any issue. On a side note once I connect to this router the battery shows as full again and the device shows online. It looks as though there were some updates on the November 19th and 20th, could something have changed that is preventing connection to the mesh network?

Hey @ringuser11. If you’re still having this concern, I recommend following up with our support team who can take a deeper look into this for you! Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to come back and let us know how this goes, as your answer may help other users that run into this concern with a similar setup!