Ring doorbell 2 loosing power in one day?

I’ve had the ring doorbell for a few months now. It’s the Built in rechargeable battery. Hard wired. And I recently installed a Ring indoor security camera that’s powered by a wall outlet plug in. I linked it to my account and all of sudden. My ring doorbell was loosing power. Charged it to 100% and it lost all of its power in one day. Need help finding out if it’s Bc of the Indoor cam or my ring doorbell has become faulty? Does anyone or did anyone have this problem and how was it resolved. Please help.

Hi there, @Frost1013! Our device batteries should not drain that quickly. Factors that can make batteries drain quickly are cold temperatures or too many events. I recommend checking the number of motion events captured, as well as limiting the amount of live views triggered, including the duration of these live views. Optimizing usage can help to improve battery life and allow for a hardwired charge to be most effective. Feel free to also check out our Community post about battery drain for more tips.

Even with the variables listed above, a battery draining completely in one day is unusual. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.