Ring Smart Lock and Doorbell without Alarm

Hi all,

I am for the life of me trying to find a solution for our street pedestrian gate for the new house we are building in Australia. It seems virtually impossible to find any device that will allow you to remotely unlock front gate from your phone and integrates with a camera.

I know you can do this with doorbird but their camera quality is shocking. We have a Nest Hello at our current house but that doesn’t integrate with any kind of gate control.

I stumbled across ring and that you can unlock the gate from the camera view, except now I am reading you need a ring alarm - which we won’t be getting.

If we get the Ring Elite, is it possible to have the Yale Touchscreen Lever lock with z-wave communicate with the Ring Elite that is connected back to the house via POE, or will that not work?

I also saw the Ring Access controller but you need a professional installer apparently and also it’s not available in Australia.

This website seems to claim that with the Schlage Wifi lock you do not need a ring alarm or ZWave hub and it integrates directly into the app, is that correct?

“The Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt is the perfect solution if you simply want to lock or unlock your door directly from the Ring App. Schlage Encode connects using WiFi and does NOT need Ring Alarm or any other smart home hub.”

https://www.smarthomefocus.com/smart-locks-that-work-with-ring-alarm-and-ring-doorbell/

Would the same be true for a Yale Touchscreen Lever lock with a August Wifi module installed?

Any one have thoughts?

Thanks!

Hi @Remsta. You are correct that the Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt does not need the Ring Alarm system in order to be set up within the Ring App. A Ring Doorbell or Security Camera is all that’s required for it to be set up and integrated so that you can unlock your door from within the Ring App. This feature will not work with other wifi smart locks, as it is only the Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt at this time.I hope this helps clear things up for you! :slight_smile: