Ring Protect Plan switch from Ring Payment to Amazon Subscription

My current annual Protect Plan was ending. So I attached my Ring account with my Amazon account and purchased the same Ring Protect Plan via Amazon Subscription Services prior to the date that my annual subscription would end. The Ring app and the online Ring website keep advising me to ‘attach’ my Amazon Subscription Plan, but it won’t let me since I don’t have a device available that I can attach the Amazon Subscription Plan to. So, I figured that it would happen the day my current plan ended. NOT! The date my current plan ended, Ring reset the annual plan date to next year even though no credit card was on file with Ring. I also received a message from Ring that I have a week to add a credit card to my Ring account. And still now, I CANNOT attach the Amazon Subscription Plan to the Ring device on my account even after my annual plan has expired. I have no idea what will happen in a week if I don’t add a credit card to my Ring account, but I already have an Amazon Subscription Plan just sitting there that I cannot attach to my Ring device. I’d just like to attach the Amazon Subscription Plan to my Ring device so that I don’t loose my Ring videos. What now?

Hey @DaWeav. It sounds like things might have gotten a bit mixed up regarding your Ring Protect plan, so it would probably be best for you to reach out to our support team. They’ll be able to pull up your account details and make sure your Protect plan is in order. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Ok, but Ring needs to make the Payment system a better user experience than it currently is. With just a few server tweaks you could allow me to deal with this without wasting the helpdesk persons time, not to mention my own time calling, waiting, explaining, waiting, and hopefully getting a resolution. I’ve looked through these message boards and find a lot of issues with people and purchasing Ring Subscription Plans and if they all have to contact the helpdesk, that must be taking up a lot of the helpdesk time. If I worked at Ring, my first fix would be to overhaul the subscription process so it would be easy for customers. And better for the corporate income since money would be flowing in quick and easy.

I’m betting that they will advise me that I’ll have to delete my Ring device then re-add it using the Amazon Subscription as payment.

1 Like