Ring +IOS 13

The notifications on my iPhone 11 with IOS 13 are extremely loud. How can I adjust the volume for the Ring App without impacting my phone ringer? The volume is so loud that I cannot wear headphones with Ring active.

2 Likes

Hi @ 5816H. You can modify the tone type and also the volume of the selected tone following these steps under the device’s profile:
From the main menu in your app > Devices > Select device to edit app tone for (will have to do this for all devices) > Device Settings > Alert Settings > App Alert Tones. From there you can modify the sound for Rings (if doorbell) and/or Motions. Feel free to explore the other tones as well, to customize your experience. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Tried your settings solution, but the overall phone ringer volume and the Ring Alert volume seem to be linked. When I tried to adjust the Ring volume, it said my phone ringer volume was set low (that’s because Ring about took my head off with my AirPods in place) and that I should turn up the phone volume. Maybe I’m missing something.

Okay, tried it again and I guess there is some difference in overall volume. Not a lot but certainly better. Decided to change to “Echo” sound, which is softer.

2 Likes

Thank you for these steps, I followed them and I was able to lower the volume and it did work but even at the lowest setting it is still too load while use our airpods. Since most of us are now working from home, keeping the airpod in ear us useful… except when the doorbell rings. Please help us out. Thank you!!!

1 Like

I totally agree. Being able to adjust the volume for the ring doorbell alert is necessary because with earpods it is WAY TOO LOUD.

1 Like

Ring. Please FIX this! The alert nearly BLEW OUT MY EARDRUMS! This is unacceptable.

1 Like

Could you create a way where it gets modified when Bluetooth devices are connected?

1 Like

I agree with the above comments. I was practicing Duo Lingo this evening with my earbuds in and I got a Ring chime alert. It was so loud that I had a headache for 30 seconds or so.

I thought that iOS had some volume protection to guard against dangerously loud volumes on any app. If so, it’s either disabled on my phone or not working.

I found the setting on my iPhone. It was disabled. I’ve enabled it, so I hope this will protect in the future against the extreme level of volume I experienced.

In case it is helpful for anyone else, the setting is Settings → Sounds and Haptics → Headphone Safety → Reduce Loud Sounds.

1 Like

Hi neighbors! On iOS devices, your phone ringer and alerts are controlled by the same volume setting. You can’t adjust the volume of the alerts specifically sent by the Ring app without also adjusting the volume of your phone’s ringer.

If you’re using earbuds, you should have a setting available in your iOS device to reduce loud sounds. Try following the steps another neighbor shared below.

I agree with this thread - the alerts are soooo loud. I bought Apple Airpods in December last year and am in the process of sending them back for the third time because they keep blowing. All I get now is distortion when I use them. I don’t listen to music really loud but even if I did this shouldn’t cause them to blow, so I’m wondering if it is the chime on Ring that is damaging them. It is unnaturally loud. Maybe I just have a duff pair of Airpods but Apple have had them back twice already and fixed them each time. Wondering if anyone has had similar issues.