RING protect plan

I have one doorbell pro2 and Ring floodlight. I am able to buy a basic protection plan which is $30 a year for each device? Cause I only have 2 devices, so I do not want to buy a plan which is $100 a year.

1 Like

$30/year for one device, so you should be able to pay $60/year for 2 devices, although they don’t mention it on their site.

2 Likes

I believe the $100/year plan includes lifetime product warranty for all the devices, which the $30/year plan doesn’t, if that matters to you.

Edited, to add references:

1. https://shop.ring.com/pages/faq

2. https://shop.ring.com/pages/protect-plans

1 Like

It is lifetime? It doesn’t say that on their site, do you have a link to this info?

Hi @AdamN ! It’s extended warranty, which extended coverage warranty applies to Ring devices within its original warranty period when you subscribe to Ring Protect Plus. Once the original warranty expires, the device will be covered under Ring Protect Plus until you discontinue your subscription. Non-Ring and other third-party devices are not eligible for the extended warranty. Learn more on Ring.com :slight_smile:

I am trying to get my ring back on i can’t get you to help me with getting the plan back on line

Hi @Jimmydee - it sounds like you may need a bit more in depth support. Please give us a call at 800-656-1918 for further assistance. Thanks!

I am sorry for my unrelated question but since the topic is about the plans. I got a Ring doorbell with the basic plan. I plan on getting a Ring stick up camera at another place.

Can I get the protect plus plan that applies to both devices even though they are at different locations? Currently I got my ring doorbell on basic plan. Didn’t get the camera if I cannot get a plan on it.

Good question @stzd8 ! Each plan is per location. Learn more, here.

Basic protection plan

Want to buy a basic protection plan and pay by check. How do I do this

If possible. You’d would need to call customer support. They may be able to do check by phone. Or maybe give you another option as well.

Be careful if you end up needing to cancel one device (just one of your two $30 plans) while keeping the other. I had an old device on my account, which I’d replaced with a new one, and had to cancel the old one’s plan and then buy a new plan for the new device - it looked like I’d done this successfully in the app but then my credit card was charged twice within a week’s time span, and there were no corresponding credits to make it right. My Ring account only shows one plan and one device as being active. Now I’m concerned they’re going to cancel the one that actually should be active; it’s unnecessarily difficult to manage what’s probably a common situation and it seems like they’re just trying to get people to buy extra plans.