Question about Owner/Shared user

Hello,

My question is: I were the owner of our wireless Ring Camera, but I deleted my ownership from the app, does this sign out all shared users or does the shared user become the owner?
Is the camera without any users now?

1 Like

Hello @Johnkmol ,

Those are good question I’ve never considered.

• “I were the owner of our wireless Ring Camera, but I deleted my ownership from the app”

Depends if you removed your “Ownership” correctly, and by that I mean “Removed This Device” off the App one-by-one. If you didn’t do it this way, the device, such as a Video Doorbell still thinks it is ‘owned’ by you and cannot be setup again for someone else to use.

• "Does this sign out all shared users "

Well, I guess you should have removed them as Shared Users prior, but it doesn’t matter since you’ve “Removed This Device” from your App and it doesn’t have an “Owner” until setup again. Therefore they can not access the device.

• “or does the shared user become the owner”

Nope. That does not happen automatically. Now if you gave/sell your Ring device, which you properly released your ‘Ownership’ over it, they could now set it up and use it as the new owner. But once a Ring account was used as a Shared Owner, they probably cannot use that same Ring account to be a “Owner” . . . _ I think_. So they would need to create a new Ring Account (using another email address) and then could use that to be an “Owner” of the device you gave/sold them.

I hope I understood your questions correctly, and this answers your questions :slight_smile:

1 Like