Protect plan

I recently installed a second Ring camera on our property and have linked it with our existing. My question is do I now need to purchase a second protect plan?

Good question @albertcross! This will depend on which Protect Plan you have currently. The Protect Plus Plan will cover all Ring devices at one location, allowing you to add Cameras without needing to subscribe each one. If you have the Protect Basic Plan each Camera, or Ring device, will need to be subscribed individually, or you can always upgrade plans. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

ime not added any devices just need same basic package for the doorbell

I can’t see recorded motion any longer. It says I need to purchase a protect plan. Do I really need to do this?

Hi @Marley_Ring. Yes, a Ring Protect Basic or Plus subscription is required in order to view motion recordings. Without a plan, you can still access the Live View and receive motion notifications from your Ring Camera or Doorbell. You can read more about Ring Protect plans in our Help Center Article here. I hope this helps. :slight_smile: