Protect Plus Warranty Clarification

I am just seeking clarity on the ring protect plus plan. It says there is an extended warranty.

For example, I bought 3 doorbell cameras on 1/1/2020 and signed up for ring protect plus the same day. Say if I keep the subscription going and never cancel it, and one camera has a warranty-covered issue on 1/1/2024, is the camera still covered or does the extended warranty have a definite end?

Also, as a separate example, all the facts above remain true, but the doorbell cameras were purchased refurbished directly from ring, does the protect plus warranty cover refurbished items as well? Thanks!

Hi @4KFam. I can confirm for you that as long as you have a Ring Protect Plus plan active and paid for at all times for your devices, no matter the amount of devices (since a plus plan covers as many devices on one location), then you will always have the extended warranty. In addition, as long as the device is a certified refurbished device that was purchased through us, we will honor the extended warranty as the same for the as new devices would!

Does the extended warranty from Ring Protect Plus apply to as well to Certified Refurbished purchased from Home Depot? Thanks

Hey @seawolf. If your device is a certified refurbished purchase, no matter if it’s from Home Depot or Ring, if you have an active Ring Protect Plus Plan subscribed to that device, your warranty will still be active. If you have a lapse of service and do not have the plan, this will remove the warranty if the plan is inactive and over 1-2 year old, as the warranty without a plan is 1-2 years old (warranty depending on your region). You can learn more about the warranty here.

Chelsea is this true? I spoke to two associates who said they could not replace my certified refurb doorbell even with my protect plus plan. Please advise.

Hi @A49erfan. You can read more about our warranty and what it entails here. For any questions related to your device and its warranty specifically, you’ll want to contact our support team directly. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.