Professional monitoring in rural Canada

I am in my trial mode now but wanted to subscribe. When I tried to do so I got a message saying

“Our records show that we can’t professionally monitor your address. Ring Alarm can’t offer professional monitoring for PO boxes, homes on military bases or rural routes, and a few other types of locations”.

I live in Canada and my postal code starts with K0A which indicates that this is a rural area (zero in the code). However, my place is 15 minutes driving from the country’s capital.

When I was on the fence choosing alarm systems for my house I didn’t know that after all the installations I would end up with only self-monitoring - my goal was to have my house professional monitored and to have a discount from my insurance company.

I hope that this issue with the address could be resolved and I will be able to subscribe and use professional monitoring (in other words, pay the company money).

Otherwise, I will have to uninstall everything and try to resell it (I got retrofit alarm kit and 14-piece kit - it was not cheap) and abandon the idea to stick with Ring.

Could somebody from the Ring support team confirm that there is *NO* service for the postal code K0A in Canada?

Thank you

Update: It seems like you guys have a bug in your system. When I go to Settings in my Dashboard, then Monitoring Sign up it does not allow to sign up. However, choosing Protect plan works fine

Hey @ihor. You will need to reach out to our support team directly over the phone to confirm if your address cannot be professionally monitored or if it can. They can escalate this concern to look into this further to get you the answer you’re looking for, and please feel free to come back and share what they say! They should also be able to help report the bug you ran into if it’s truly a bug and not a limitation you are running into because of your address.

For support outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.

Hello, can you share the final resolution here? I am running into the same challenge and was given the impression that Ring had full coverage across Canada (excl. QC)…

Thanks in advance!