Please make Practice Mode a normally available setting

We would like to be able to use Practice mode to have our contacts (local Security officer) called when we do monthly alarm tests of our Panic Buttons. It’s already coded in - I don’t understand why this mode gets taken away.

Otherwise, our options are Self-Monitoring, which only causes the Panic Button to scream, or Professional, which means 911 is going to get called. Please make this option available in the Monitoring menu.

2 Likes

Well the original post goes back a while but I’d like to second the proposal. In the system I just replaced with Ring (Gen 2) I could flip it into a test mode which would still send alerts to the monitoring center but they would not despatch emergency services in test mode. I could then do a complete walk-through test triggering every device in my system and afterwards get confirmation from the monitoring center of which alerts they received and in which sequence. I could set the test period for as long as I needed if I wanted to run a lengthy or repeated sequence of tests.

With the Ring system, only being able to test in Self-monitoring mode is inadequate. If I have a monitored system I should be able to do periodic end to end tests at any time to check that alerts are still received at the monitoring center. Sure, practice mode gives me an initial 7 days to test this without triggering emergency service despatches, but if on day 8 the alerts stop getting through to the center for any reason then my security is less than expected (and less than paid for).

Currently (Gen 2 system) the only way to test end to end on a monitored system outside of the practice period is to trigger a real alarm and then wait for the monitoring center to call so you can confirm it was a false alarm. But I would really only want to do that for a single alarm event in order not to ‘spam’ the monitoring center with a sequence of false alarms from every device in my system. I’m sure the monitoring center would prefer that too.

So I agree - make practice mode a permanent feature.

Hey Neighbors. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!