Ownership Questions

Since deleting some unknown devices from my ring it telling me I’m a sharer not an owner anymore why would this be ?

Hi @Ljf! Anytime a Ring device is attempting a setup on another Ring account, and it has not been released from the prior Ring account, a change of ownership process will apply. Removing it in the Ring app is a great first step. Upon attempting a new setup, an email will be sent to the previously setup Ring account email address to request authorization to change ownership.

Check out our Change of Ownership process for more information on this process. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I’m having a similar issue. I’m the original owner of the account (my wife is also on the account), I deleted the camera from my account so I can try to reinstall since it wasn’t working properly. However, when I try to reinstall I keep getting the “this device is still registered to the original owner.” I saw the page on the website stating I have to delete the device from my account, which I already did. So, not sure how to fix this?

Hi @Jmo650. If the Ring device was completely removed from the account it was originally set up under, you should be able to take it through a new setup again. If you keep receiving this message about the device still being registered to the original owner, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a closer look. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.