Not Receiving Verification Email

Created a new account to post this as the account I created and linked to my Amazon account is unusable.

I contacted support yesterday and they said something about needing to whitelist my email provider in order for me to receive the 6 digit verification code via email, but I am still not receiving them. I tried calling again a moment ago and the wait time is 25 to 30 minutes. Is there an alternative way to verify an account?

Hi @Phobes. You would need to follow up with our support team via phone in order to get this resolved. As this is a neighbor-to-neighbor forum and not a direct line to support, we wouldn’t be able to look into this for you, but our support team will be able to help you get this taken care of. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. In addition, the holiday season can contribute to a higher call volume as well. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.