No Access to Ring Account

Hello,

I’ve completely lost access to my Ring account due to two-factor authentication. I have a new phone with a different number that is not the number that was used to setup 2FA on my initial Ring account. I would just like to know how to either regain access to my previous Ring account (and how to reset two-factor auth on that account) and/or cancel the Ring Protect Plan that I have with that account so that I can re-setup and connect my doorbell to this account. I had to make a second Ring account (this one) to even be able to post this to contact Ring as I did not generate an OTP from the previous account (which means that I could not even call Ring to get this resolved), and am signed out of each of the Ring apps/website that I have on my devices. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Sorry to hear about this, @angeld83! At Ring, we value your security and your privacy. If the information in our Community post about account security does not help, our support team will certainly be able to. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Additionally, and as described in our account verification help center article, if you do not have access to your Ring account to get the code from the Control Center, you will need to select option 1 for the Ring app or 2 for the Ring website, and wait for the end of the instructional audio. Then, choose option 3 which will get you through to support. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like