Moving Houses and Plans

I have just sold a house and moved into a new house. I set up my Ring devices at the new house so my account shows 2 houses now. Both devices are showing under the new house on my account, but the Plus plan which we had paid for all year is still attached to the old house. How do I get the plan to move over to the new house?

Good question @gtbentley! Protect Plan subscription is based on location, so you would want to subscribe the new location and remove the old one if it is no longer in use. I recommend downloading any important videos before doing this. :slight_smile:

Well that was good information but did not fully answer the question. On the old house I had prepaid the Protect Plan until Feb of 2021. So I am trying to find out how or if I can transfer that over or the credit over to the new house.

@gtbentley For that concern of moving a plan over, you will need to reach out to our support team here so they can sort this out on your personal account for you!

1 Like

I am kind of in the same boat. But, I am leaving the alarm and doorbell in the home I am selling and purchasing new for the home I am buying. So do we contact billing, technical support, or some other area? What number do we call or what email address do we use to contact the team that can help us with that?

Hey @mzflorida. You will need to contact technical support, as they can ensure your devices are set or removed on your account as needed, as well as address any plan related inquiries for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Thanks a million for helping me out!

1 Like