In the UK, Ring charging me in USD so I have to pay a foreign currency fee every month! Why?

I have a Ring Doorbell and pay the monthly fee for storage of videos. I have just looked at my online banking and can see my bank have charged me an online currency fee because they have charged me in USD?? Why would they do that? You must have thousands of UK customers? Makes no sense and is a con.

2 Likes

Hey @LoLo! Try checking the country selected for the webpage/ browser you are using to subscribe. If it is already set to the proper country, I recommend reaching out to our support team, at [01727 26 3045](tel:01727 26 3045), for further assistance.

I am getting this problem too

1 Like

I have this too. I queried this the other day with ring as I wanted to upgrade my plan, but it only showed in USD. They just said they don’t know why but then quoted the UK rate, I then paid but found it charged in USD and have an exchange fee. It would be good to have an option, I may move to a fee free card for the future.

1 Like

Hey neighbors! If you are located in the UK, you should not have your Ring Protect plan billed in USD. Please try following up with our support team by giving them a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a closer look at your account and make sure the appropriate currency is being charged. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 hereto see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I have exactly the same problem. Spoke to 3 different staff members, one said he had sorted the issue at his end and all was ok but payment was taken in dollars. They were unable to sort the issue and gave me a refund with no solution! Diabolical service!!

1 Like

Has anyone found a solution to this? It’s really poor. I called up and the advisor was not helpful at all. I’m sure this can’t be the same for all customers.
I was sent a link to follow which showed the price in pounds but as soon as I login it charges be dollars.

1 Like

Having the same problem. Support agent said the billing team will be in touch but still nothing. Seems to be a wider problem.

1 Like

I’ve got the same problem, I think it’s your card provider charging though not ring

Hi neighbors! If you are being billed in the wrong currency for your Ring Protect plan, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can review your account and ensure that your plan is being billed in the correct currency. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Same problem here. Been on the phone to Ring support agent for over 40 minutes and still not sorted the problem! Absolutely ridiculous!

1 Like