How come when I click "chat with us" it gives me articles to read? doesn't let me chat with someone

On the ring support center customer center page (https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Get-in-Touch#store-call-us) it says Chat with Us, Call Us or Find a Store. So I click on chat with us. It says “Type your question below. We’ll find the best answers for you.” So I type my question and press “ask question”. Then it just gives me a bunch of articles to read. I don’t see any option to Chat with you guys. So why is this button called “chat with us”? Very misleading.

1 Like

Hey @rachelcenter. Sorry for any confusion with how the website is laid out! This is because we did have a Chat team that was available, but due to COVID-19, they are currently unavailable due to the demand for Phone support. Therefore, for support, it’s best to call in for any immediate assistance. Otherwise, our chat bubble will recommend you applicable Help Center Articles to see if our neighbors can address it this way, or to come to the Community forum, as we a neighbor to neighbor support forum. I appreciate your feedback here, and I will make sure to pass this onto the appropriate teams for you. :slight_smile:

I tried calling today with a question but your automated system says stuff like are you calling about a new ring system, etc… And none of those categories were a fit for what I trying to get answered. How do you reach an operator in that kind of situation?

@rachelcenter No matter the prompts you pick, I can assure you that even if you don’t end up in the most accurate area, our team can get you to the right place. For questions on your device, I recommend the following:

• Press 1 for English
  • Press 3 for Troubleshooting (as they can help with general questions)
  • Press 2 for Troubleshooting again
  • Press 1 if it’s a Ring Camera, Doorbell, or Smart Lighting system or 2 if this is about the Ring Alarm

Please note: this is when I call the US number. It may be different if you are outside of the US. Hope this helps get you to the right people! :slight_smile:

Can you please answer this? https://community.ring.com/t5/General-Questions/How-come-the-crime-map-shows-my-home-in-a-location-where-I-don-t/m-p/41257

1 Like