cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I deactivate Two Factor Authentication?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

How can I deactivate Two Factor Authentication?

I found an online support guide with steps to activate and deactivate two factor authentication but the steps on there do not accurate reflect what’s in the iOS app.

The only options I can see is to turn two factor for sms on or off. I don’t want this, I’d like to remove it completely (I current have codes emailed to me).

How can I disable 2FA?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: How can I deactivate Two Factor Authentication?

Hi @leecollings. At Ring, we take our neighbors privacy and security seriously, and thus have implemented Two Step Verification, which you can learn more about in our Community post here. While you do have the option to turn off the text messaging section of it, every time text message is turned off, it will turn on email. There is no way to turn off Two Step Verification at this time, as this is something we make mandatory on all Ring accounts now. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @leecollings. At Ring, we take our neighbors privacy and security seriously, and thus have implemented Two Step Verification, which you can learn more about in our Community post here. While you do have the option to turn off the text messaging section of it, every time text message is turned off, it will turn on email. There is no way to turn off Two Step Verification at this time, as this is something we make mandatory on all Ring accounts now. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thank you Chelsea
Highlighted
New Neighbor

In no way am I worried about my video going to the public.Two factor authentication is a hassle.  Having this mandatory is why I don't subscribe to Ring.  At work, I can't get two-factor authentication due to the office works network policy and no personal email or cell phones in the office.  Arlo camera systems there is no issue, as I can log on and see my video.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

You can't.  Ring wants to make it difficult to see your videos.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Either give us an option for two factor authentication or I will be leaving Ring.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

@Chelsea_Ring

Please allow/create/re-instate an option for us to turn two-step verification off, it is a hassle that bogs all of this down. Thank you!

Also, your explanation is incorrectly labeled as a "solution" - it is not a solution, it is merely an explanation. Perhaps the "explantion" label doesn't exist & therefore needs to be created?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing these wishes with us @DC0! As we value our neighbors' feedback, we've created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I'm really getting frustrated with the two step verification process... I don't want it, and I can't turn it off. We don't use our phones to check the cameras, we use our computers.

It's such a pain, that my wife is no longer checking the camera anymore, and even I've stopped checking.

I'd like a refund on my cameras, the solar panels and the extra batteries I've bought. It's all useless to me now. You can keep the subscription fee. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

your canned answer doesn't work. 

Your system kicks me out of my session daily, then won't let me back in for hours.  The verification code entry time only lasts for one minute, not ten, so I have to retry and if the email doesn't come through in time, I have to do it again.  When I get it in time, I then get an error code and I have to try again and finally give up until later.  Yes, I do have multiple sessions going.  Is there a problem with that?

This is not working for me, and your lack of available support is beginning to get infuriating.

Requiring the two factor authentication is your option that is not so welcome, especially without support to make sure it works right.

Maybe you can have someone check things to make sure they are operating as advertised.