Explorer program

I just recieved an email inviting me to join the Ring explorer program. I wasn’t sure if it was legit or a scam. Has anyone else recieve this type of email or been in a Ring explorer program? any info/help would be greatly helpful.

Hi @sheenae7777, it seems you may have gotten a legit email from us on this! This is a program we run, and you can reach out to our support team here to validate this email you received from us. Additionally, you can review the ToS for it here, and learn more about it in a Reddit discussion here.

1 Like

I was originally invited to participate in the Ring Explorers Program about 6-7 years ago. I was an original crowdsource supporter for the Doorbot (still in use) and I have 3 other doorbells all connected as we speak. I was involved in testing many Ring branded devices and some locks etc. For some reason I am no longer included in the program. I would really like to be invited back into the group. I enjoyed the testing and being part of the community. Any idea how I can get an invitation?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Hey @Gadg8man. The Ring Explorer’s program is by invite only and will randomly be sent to your email at the time of need for testers. If you have been in the program before, they may be going through the list of neighbors that haven’t been involved first before circling back around, or maybe since you have been in it before, this puts you at higher chances! From my impression, the picking is at random, so make sure you check your email every so often and your spam folder just in case! :slight_smile:

Chelsea, I have been a member of the Explorer testing team
For awhile, but I haven’t received any invites to test new products or software updates in a very long time. Is there a way to know what my status is? Many thanks.
Regards,
Jamie

Hi @tildengolf. Happy to chime in for Chelsea here. I would recommend visiting the project page on explorer.centercode.com. If you submit a report in the project you are participating in, the team can respond to you there.

Is the explorer program still in operation? The explorer.centercode.com site isn’t working. I don’t remember seeing an email regarding the end of the program.

2 Likes

Did anyone ever answer you? I haven’t been contacted in a long time and have no emails saying it has ended.

I’ve been a member of the Explorer group for years. I haven’t been able to reach the site (centercode) for quite some time now, and have not been able to find any support # (the reps I spoke with are not familiar with the explorer program) or email address to request additional information/assistance. I’ve also received no notification that the program has wound down. I know it did slow down (some projects were placed on hold) when COVID first became a concern. Does anyone have any additional information?

Tom_Ring, if you are even still working for Ring after the past 18 months, is the Explorer program dead? The link you shared last year gets a DNS error on my end.

If you are interested in the beta testing program, we recommend contacting our team directly at ring-explorers@amazon.com. If you have recently been a part of beta testing, our team will normally reach out to neighbors when there are opportunities available, but sending an email can ensure that they are aware of your interest. Our team conducts testing through https://compass.amazon.com/ , so if you have already been registered for beta testing prior for this site, you can see any available opportunities from there. As we are a neighbor-to-neighbor forum, we recommend keeping all contact, questions and interest about beta testing with the team via email, and to not share private beta testing information in the public forum. Thank you neighbors for showing interest! :slight_smile:

I was an original purchaser of the DoorBot and participated in the Ring Explorer program for many years, but I haven’t seen any emails for years where do I edit my profile?