Downgrading to Ring Basic

I added a new camera to my Ring account, and the only option it gave me was the protect plus plan. I can’t find an option to downgrade to basic, and it’s telling me that it will delete all my saved recordings if I cancel the subscription. Anyone know how to make this work?

Good question, @daveca! If you want to downgrade your Ring Protect Plus plan to a Ring Protect Basic plan, you must cancel the Ring Protect Plus Plan and subscribe to the Basic plan. Be sure to download any recordings that you want before you cancel your plan. Check out our help center article for instructions and more information on switching plans. Keep in mind, if you plan on adding any more Ring devices in the future, the Protect Plus plan features great benefits. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks @Marley_Ring. It would be really nice to be able to do this without losing all my saved recordings or having to manually download them.

1 Like

You got it, @daveca! This is great feedback as well. We are always looking for ways to improve the neighbor experience. Consider it shared with our teams here. :slight_smile:

I question how much ring listens to their customers. Here we are what 3+ years later and this SIMPLE EASY TO MAKE CHANGE has STILL not been implemented. I guess it is a way to punish their customers who want to downgrade.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.