Does Listener Trigger Siren?

Hi everyone,

I apologize if this has already been asked and answered elsewhere, but I’m wondering whether the Ring Listener, upon hearing a smoke detector go off, will then trigger the overall Ring system siren to go off? I ask because I’m considering buying smoke alarms that are not interconnected, and want to make sure that a louder, all-house siren will go off if a smoke alarm on the other side of the house goes off.

Thanks!

Glad you asked @MKG082987! The Alarm Smoke/ CO Listener will listen for an Alarm signal, report this to your Base Station, and your Alarm system will certainly respond appropriately to the emergency response. This means that your siren will indeed go off, and if you are professional monitored the Base Station will communicate the necessary signals for dispatch/ emergency response. Check out our help center article about the Listener for more info. I hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks so much, Marley! One other follow-up: along with the siren, is it possible to have the Ring system audibly indicate which room’s Listener heard the smoke alarm? Or is the only way to know this to consult the app?

Thanks again.

1 Like

Of course, @MKG082987!

The latter is correct. The Alarm Base Station does not feature a chirp or any kind of unique identifier for which Listener was triggered. Only that a Listener was triggered. As you stated, you can certainly consult with the Ring app to see which device’s status changed.

A feature like that would make an awesome request! As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this, and any future feature requests there if you’d like as well.

1 Like

Got it – thanks again!!

1 Like