Do I need 2 Transformers for ring pro if I have 2 doorbells

Hey @LeeFritzy ! Thank you for joining the Community and sharing your experience and desired use of Ring devices on your property. I agree this sounds like an efficient setup to cover both doors and more! I’ll be happy to answer each and every question you asked:

1. Do I need more than 1 transformer if I hook up 2 door bells pro cams? A: 2 Video Doorbell Pros can certainly operate on 1 transformer. As you mentioned the age of the existing doorbell, a transformer this old will likely need to be replaced with a newer transformer and a slightly more powerful one to operate both Pros and the existing chime kit. Check out our article on wiring scenarios, we even have a wiring diagram for 2 Pros.
  2. breaker switches & amps size for cameras with flood lights? A: The Floodlight involves high input voltage and wiring installation, we recommend getting an electrician for installation to ensure everything within circuit is proper for safety and operation.
  3. ISP bandwidth for multiple doorbells & cameras? A: The gigabit service you mentioned will be plenty as far as speeds go. This should supply all of your in home devices as well as Ring devices with ample resources. Do keep in mind a speed package is only half the battle, as signal strength and performance is dependant on the router as well.
  4. Flood light camera; can the lights be set to stay on dusk to dawn or are strictly motion activated? A: Both, they are motion activated as well as should be turning on during night time hours. It also features scheduling settings.
  5. Would I need my isp amp back for helping service reach a 50 ft distance even through back of a building? A: 50 feet is a great distance for signal to have to travel. We recommend using an extender, such as our Chime Pro, for anything greater than 25 feet.

Hope this helps! Feel free to follow up with any other questions, I’m sure some Community neighbors will chime in as well :slight_smile:

1 Like