cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Tips: Battery Draining Quickly

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Device Tips: Battery Draining Quickly

It seems the folks at Ring are not concerned with this issue as this has been an ongoing problem for a while. I have had my video doorbell for a few months and it has never kept the battery charged even though it's hardwired. The only thing we get from support is a canned response. Good way to lose their customer base.
New Neighbor

I agree.  It appears they don't give a d@mn once they have you signed up.  Even the ability to change the recording time should have been a quick and easy fix. Nothing more annoying than the recording to stop 20 - 30 seconds despite there still being activity outside my door.  I see there are other options and I'll be looking at them very closely in the coming months.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I’m having the same issue now. It used to work great (I’ve had it for a year). It recently died due to this same issue. I pulled the battery and fully recharged it but I am watching the battery continue to drain. Something on the device changed (software update) that’s causing this. It never used to be an issue. Ring, please fix.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I've been hardwired for over a year now. And I've always had 100% battery charge. Now it says low battery? Is it the new firmware? Or am I having another issue?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

It seems to be a firmware problem.  Yet Ring doesn't want to fix it. I'm not sure why the battery should run down when it's hardwired.  Seems Ring doesn't want to answer that question either.

I'd been looking at installing a camera since I park out back of my residence, but given this?  Not likely.  Once my annual subscription expires, I'll look at other alternatives.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I'm having the same exact issue. My Ring DoorBell 2 is hardwired and use to trickle charge beautifully from the new transformer I installed in the basement, when I first set up my Ring equipment in June 2019. I have (2) Wired Spot Cams installed also. On January 11, 2020, I swapped out one of my Wired Spot Cams because all displays on that one camera were displaying in the color pink. I noticed after I set up this replacement Wired Spot Cam, a software upgrade took place and appeared to complete successfully. I noticed a new field for my Ring DoorBell2 had been added into "Device Health". The new field is now called "Solar Charger Status" and it claims its in "Connected" status. Ever since then, my battery doesn't trickle charge, PERIOD!  I spoke with Ring Support and the rep claimed the battery doesn't trickle charge the battery, its just makes the battery last longer. Semantics, I say. I tried everything he recommended, same problem. It worked amazing well before the upgrade that took place for me on January 11, 2020. The field should be optioned and selectable for #1 - Battery - #2 Hardwired - #3 Solar Panel, depending how you want to maintain the charge your Ring DoorBell 2 device.  Here lies the problem!