Delayed Ring

I have a Ring Pro that I installed a few months ago. It is hard-wired.

I have the Ring App installed on two phones and two tablets (both Apple and Android) and also on my Windows 10 Laptop.

When someone rings the doorbell, the physical doorbell rings immediately and my phones and tablets ring and give immediate access. However, my W10 laptop doesn’t give me a ring and a notification for sometimes as long as 10 minutes.

A guest will ring the bell, I answer the door and 10 minutes later I hear another windchimes (motion) and a ring on my laptop, but noone is there, just a delayed notification and ring on my laptop. It’s a fairly new laptop, so I don’t think age is an issue.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Tom Sullivan

Hi @TSullivan. Do you have a VPN turned on for your Windows computer? Ring no longer allows VPNs for accessing Ring related content, so it’s possible with this turned on, it causes the delay for you. If this is not the case, remove the Ring app from your Windows computer, restart your PC, and then reinstall the app. From there, try ringing your Doorbell and seeing if the notification shows up faster for you!

No VPN but I reinstalled the app and it seems to be working now.

Thanks.

1 Like

I have also been having this delayed notice issue for most of this year.
But have seen the delays also on the phone app, but mostly the PC Windows app.

Several calls with Ring Supoprt have wasted hours of time with no resolve.

It has reached a point where, my Ring tells me what I miss, not of activity currently.

Here is one of my recent posts about this, looking for others…
https://community.ring.com/t5/Security-Cams/delays-in-activity-notices/m-p/68924#M14529