Crop a recorded video

I have captured a recording on one of my cameras but the video is 1:30 long. I want to crop it down to start at about 30 seconds into the video… basically deleting the first 30 seconds of the recording… How do I do that? It is very easy on my Nest products in my other home.

1 Like

Hi @sreid. There is not a way to crop or edit the video and the length of it within the Ring app. You will need to download the app and make these changes on another editing platform. Although, this is a great idea! As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

What other editing platforms/programs if I download Ring app/video to crop that video?

Hi, there. I’m not sure whether Ring app can help you crop video, as I myself usually use a third-party video cutter called Joyoshare VidiKit. You can use it to crop video in the way you like. It supports many other video editing tools as well, such as cutting, rotating, converting, merging, etc. I hope that it can help you.