Check battery level from Ring app

Is there a way to check the battery level of the Ring Doorbell 2 from within the Ring app? Can I set notification for alert when battery level falls below some point, eg, 20%, so I can then take it out for recharge?

Go to the device and select Device Health to see battery level
There is no way to set an alert when low but I think Ring might notify when it is very low. Not sure but I saw a battery low notification in the alert list.

I just received a low battery email for one of my smart lights. Below 20 percent I think it said.

Thanks eagle. I was wondering what the threshold was. Also reminds me to setup email notifications for battery… I think that’s off by default.

Also, just an FYI. I have been receiving emails whenever I log in from a new device. I haven’t seen any comments from Ring but it’s a step in the right direction for security. Just thought I’d let you know.

Hi : my level battery in app ring doorbell has stopped in 45% ,but it stills working normally,anybody knows how can i fix it.Thx

Hi @Alex123456789! A motion event should trigger the device to communicate with the app, thus updating the battery level. If not, try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device, or even charging the Ring device battery. :slight_smile:

There is a desparate need for a webpage (not app) to check battery levels of all devices, and it needs to be all on one page. When like us, you have more than a dozen battery operated devices, it gets insane to try and check their levels to make sur they are well enough charge before leaving town for a while. Please get this on the programming engineers priority radar. Honestly I’m surprised this has not been taken care of a long long LONG time ago. It’s a no brainer feature.

2 Likes

Hi @GoBananas. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. As we’re always looking to make improvements to create a better experience, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I have wired in my ring doorbell but worries the transformer used is not correct & not Charing the battery. On the ring app when on device in the top right I have a fully charged icon, but when clicking it my battery life is not at 100%?

Hi neighbors! After charging your Ring device battery and reconnecting the device, your charger percentage should update in your Ring app Device Health. Please allow some time for this to show the update amount, in which triggering a motion event could speed this up. Learn more about charging your Ring Doorbell by finding the Help Center Article for your Doorbell here.