Changing device name

How do I change/update a device’s unique name?

3 Likes

If it’s a doorbell or camera, you can. visit the Ring app Main Menu (3 lines top left) > Devices > Select your Device you want to change > Device Settings > General Settings > Device Name to change the name of that exact device.

Neighbors have also shared some great suggestions in this thread that helped them with other Ring devices.

5 Likes

What about Schlage locks? How do you change their device name after setup?
Thanks

1 Like

Hi @twwhite12, happy to chime in here. You can change the name of your Schlage lock in the Ring App after the setup has already been completed. Open the Ring App > Main Menu > Devices > Alarm Base Station > Schlage Lock > Gear Icon > Name. I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

It was a great help and I just thought I would find it easily in the RING website but I was wrong. It wasn’t even an option. Thank you.

1 Like

I also want to rename of sensors–I named them before but can’t do so now! I can select the sensors under modes but can’t rename them there. When I look under devices, the security camera and the alarm appear but the sensors don’t appear. What am I missing?

@whitaker wrote:

I also want to rename of sensors–I named them before but can’t do so now! I can select the sensors under modes but can’t rename them there. When I look under devices, the security camera and the alarm appear but the sensors don’t appear. What am I missing?

Hello @whitaker ,

Ah, you were so close and just a few more steps away. When you got to the page with the cameras and Alarm Base Station, you needed to click on the Alarm Base Station to see the devices of the alarm system. :slight_smile:

• Side Menu (3 horizontal line icon, upper-left-corner of dashboard)
  • Select Devices
  • Tap Alarm Base Station
  • Select the sensor you wish to rename
  • Tap the Gear Icon (upper-right-corner)
  • Tap on the Name
  • Type in the new name you desire
  • Tap SAVE (upper-right-corner)

I hope you find this information helpful! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Worked like a charm ~ thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you soo much for your help on changing the unique name of our ring device. So easy to understand. Not sure about a check symbol. I didn’t see one.

1 Like