cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't enter new credit card

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Can't enter new credit card

This has been an issue for over a month now with no solution.  Being it is a payment issue I would think Ring would want to fix it ASAP.  Ring.....you need to get on this and fix it!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Help
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hey Roz.

I think you have a couple of choices.

First, you could call them. If you are comfortable with giving your credit card number to them on the phone, you are good. While you are at it, you can tell them about the issue with their web page, and I'm sure the person taking your credit card will ignore you. (Not their job)

Second, you can just ignore the problem. Don't stress about it. Let your subscription run out. You will get an email when it has run out, then you can make a choice. You could just drop your suscription (it's almost like that's what they want you to do), or you can log in on-line and start a new subscription. There you can enter your new credit card number with none of the issues that we've been seeing here.

Sad that nobody at Ring seems to care about this issue.

Edit to add: I don't know if @Chelsea_Ring (who originally responded to my issue in this thread almost 2 months ago) even works there any more, but maybe this forum has a way to send her a direct message?  Might be worth a try.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Trying to use a CapitalOne Eno credit card # to create payment for basic plan, and the form just won't accept it for some reason.

All other online sites work just fine in accepting virtual CC number, but ... not Ring.

What gives?

Why make it hard for people to give you money?

I need to review video for a housekeeping event, and I can't, because I can't give Ring my money. Crazy.

Highlighted
Neighbor II

If you plan or trial ran out, you wouldn't be able to retrieve any videos before you renewed.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Had the same issue also, just realized it doesn't accept cards online through the website( IOS) but used the RING APP on my Samsung phone and it worked. 
I called the call center, WOW it was harder for her to add than me, so I hung up before the automated card feature she switched me too got started. 

Payment encryption software is their issue, not sure what third party they use but, might want to explore better options.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Today is February 7, 2020, and I am having the exact same problem trying to change my credit card number as the one Ring has is no longer valid.  

Does Ring monitor this forum?

Do they have an email support address?

Why is this still a problem?  They want to charge the old card on March 8, 2020.

Any suggestions???

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi, OP here. 

Like I said further up-thread, what I did was just let my subscription expire.  Then when I went in to start a new subscription it used a different page (one that works) to enter the credit card #. 

Someone from Ring did respond to my initial post, but maybe that's all they do. If the conversation on a thread continues, maybe no one from Ring looks at it. That would seem stupid, but....

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

katpeters1211

email support address help@ring.com

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same issue ... it's now March 17 and apparently no one from Ring Support ever reads these.