Can't enter new credit card

I am having the same issue. Its been weeks and its still not fixed. I am not calling to pay either. Fix the problem Ring.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think anyone at Ring cares, and/or nothing posted here gets read by anyone who might care.

For what it is worth: After trying periodically and verifying that their card update feature was broken, I just let the subscription run out. After I got the notice that I no longer had a subscription, I logged on and signed up for a subscription. The mechanism to enter a card for a new subscription is not broken, so it worked. Thankfully I was not travelling and did not have an extended time with no subscription. Makes me hesitant to recommend Ring, as something so simple shouldn’t be so hard to fix.

I am having the same problem with removing an outdated payment credit card and replacing it with a current one. The inability for a company to fix such a seemingly simple web based payment problem, gives me pause to think :

1 How secure is my data in the cloud?

2 How can such a company continue to grow and expand with a growing group of unsatisified users?

This has been an issue for over a month now with no solution. Being it is a payment issue I would think Ring would want to fix it ASAP. Ring…you need to get on this and fix it!

Help

Hey Roz.

I think you have a couple of choices.

First, you could call them. If you are comfortable with giving your credit card number to them on the phone, you are good. While you are at it, you can tell them about the issue with their web page, and I’m sure the person taking your credit card will ignore you. (Not their job)

Second, you can just ignore the problem. Don’t stress about it. Let your subscription run out. You will get an email when it has run out, then you can make a choice. You could just drop your suscription (it’s almost like that’s what they want you to do), or you can log in on-line and start a new subscription. There you can enter your new credit card number with none of the issues that we’ve been seeing here.

Sad that nobody at Ring seems to care about this issue.

Edit to add: I don’t know if @Chelsea_Ring (who originally responded to my issue in this thread almost 2 months ago) even works there any more, but maybe this forum has a way to send her a direct message? Might be worth a try.

Trying to use a CapitalOne Eno credit card # to create payment for basic plan, and the form just won’t accept it for some reason.

All other online sites work just fine in accepting virtual CC number, but … not Ring.

What gives?

Why make it hard for people to give you money?

I need to review video for a housekeeping event, and I can’t, because I can’t give Ring my money. Crazy.

If you plan or trial ran out, you wouldn’t be able to retrieve any videos before you renewed.

Had the same issue also, just realized it doesn’t accept cards online through the website( IOS) but used the RING APP on my Samsung phone and it worked.
I called the call center, WOW it was harder for her to add than me, so I hung up before the automated card feature she switched me too got started.

Payment encryption software is their issue, not sure what third party they use but, might want to explore better options.

Today is February 7, 2020, and I am having the exact same problem trying to change my credit card number as the one Ring has is no longer valid.

Does Ring monitor this forum?

Do they have an email support address?

Why is this still a problem? They want to charge the old card on March 8, 2020.

Any suggestions???

1 Like

Hi, OP here.

Like I said further up-thread, what I did was just let my subscription expire. Then when I went in to start a new subscription it used a different page (one that works) to enter the credit card #.

Someone from Ring did respond to my initial post, but maybe that’s all they do. If the conversation on a thread continues, maybe no one from Ring looks at it. That would seem stupid, but…

katpeters1211

email support address help@ring.com

Same issue … it’s now March 17 and apparently no one from Ring Support ever reads these.

Hi @Chip! The Community is a peer to peer environment where neighbors can interact, share ideas, assist one another, and ask questions. If you are needing account specific or in-depth support, we recommend reaching out to our support team anytime!

Can’t enter new credit card!

Hello. I’m the original poster on this thread, approaching four months ago.

I did send a message a couple of weeks ago to help@ring.com, where they prefer to take problem reports. My experience was not good. I sent a link to this thread, but they said they needed me to call so that they could understand what the problem is. I asked them if they read the thread, and they only said they saw the title so knew it was a problem entering the credit card, so they sent me the instructions for putting a new card (which we all now doesn’t work). I then replied that all the details were in the thread, and they pretty much refused to go look at it. I finally (after a half dozen back and forth emails) told them I give up, and that they should go read the thread.

Not a “ringing” endorsement (pun intended) of the customer service for this company.

Wow, I had the same problem updating my card via web 1 entire year ago! I even took a screen shot of the Payment Method error (which hasn’t changed at all in 1 year), hoping I could forward that to some email support person. I finally had to talk in person to US support (Christine) @ 1(800) 656-1918, who could NOT even forward me to another human who could update the credit card expiration. Christine had to manually type in info like my address, etc., (all of which should be on file with my account) just to be able to forward me to an automated service where I could enter a totally new card number. I can’t remember if I used that or let it expire (as some have suggested) and entered a new card no. online.

I also only use Virtual credit card numbers online. I’ve had no problems with different vendors telling them this (newly generated) number on the phone and then their using it successfully without my actually typing it in online (as one poster lamented over).

As long as the vendor I’m talking to is the first to use the number, then it’s automatically blocked for any other vendor to use it. I’ll grudgingly call the support number again this year and report back here, which is exactly the kind of real-person feedback that is so useful; it’s a shame the easiest online choice is still to let it expire then enter a new card all over again.

I succeeded in setting up a new card through US Customer support [(Morgan) (800) 656-1918] to extend my subscription plan with a different virtual card number.

The old card number was about to expire and I’ve had bad luck sometimes after going online (Citicard) and successfully extending a number’s expiration. I’ll go back to the vendor’s site and update my new expiration and everything will look fine with that vendor. Then when that vendor autocharges any amount later, the card is denied. The most reliable fix I’ve had at that point is to just create a complete new virtual card number.

So, not taking any chances, I created a completely new virtual card number before ever calling Ring Customer Support. This year I encountered Morgan, who had no foreign accent (unlike Christine last year - not her fault but harder for me to understand) and Morgan:

* asked for my email address

* sent me an email with a code

* had me read the code back

* asked for my billing address, then said she was forwarding me to an electronic entry service with which I would type in the new card number acct. info, then I would be returned to Morgan.

After I entered the card number it asked for the expiration month only - 2 digits followed by #, then the year only - 2 digits then #, then the security code and #. I was returned to Morgan and she verified that this was now the card number associated with my account, and when the subscription rolls over on May 9th, that’s the number that will be used. I also logged back into my Ring account and the new card info was reflected there.

I still don’t have much faith in a timely fix of the website card update problem, but I have resigned to using this workaround. It does make you wonder if Jeff Bezos couldn’t alter his corporate vision a little bit to not include scraping “human” customer service to the bone. I think Amazon (owner of Ring) an afford it. Horsefly, the OP of this thread, had a depressing email encounter with customer support, so I didn’t even consider sending them my screenshot of the “Update payment” box that quickly reappears after you click it, only to hide the actual place that you would enter that info.

You people stay safe out there in this pandemic scenario.

I just sent “help@ring.com” my own email including a screenshot of the Payment Method dialog box that reappears over and over each time you click “Replace Payment Method,” not letting you enter any updated info. We’ll see if the website problem is corrected. Not holding my breath.

Hi @HardinSH - by virtual credit card do you mean a single use credit card? If so, we do not accept those. You can learn more in this help article. Let’s make sure we get you squared away, but in order to do that, lets please make sure you are able to pay with one of the following:

• Digital credit cards
  • Debit card payments
  • PayPal
  • Amazon Pay
  • Affirm

Thank you!