Anyway to get a firmware mod to turn on date-time watermark in VIDEO?

For both practical and legal considerations is there any chance of getting a minor firmware mod for the peephole video cams (and other models) that will give us the user option to enable an embedded date-time watermark directly into the imagery data (at a location we desire - e.g. top, bottom , left, right etc.)? For legal reasons the police etc. need proof of date-time in the downloaded and saved video so that they know its not edited and shows actual time clock. It’s also just practical for us subscribers to see the date/time DIRECTLY in the imagery wihout having to run the app and computing in from the base date in the app + the time offset counter.

Really really would be useful and super easy to do. Please do it for us. I don’t want to have to turn over my app to anyone in order for them to derive the imagery date-time stamps from app info. I want to be able to copy it out to a file and have it all contained as part of the imagery.

Thanks - and great product by the way.
TropicalJim

Hi @TropicalJim. Thank you for sharing with the Community! As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

Additionally, I wanted to also point out something that may be of interest to you. If you are ever needing a timestamp on your videos, the timestamp is visible once you have downloaded the video. While the timestamp is not on the video during playback within your Ring app, if you download the video to your phone from the app, or download the video from your computer from ring.com/Ring desktop app, you will be able to see the timestamp for the video at the bottom right hand corner. Your idea is still a great one though, so I recommend sharing this to our feature request board, as it would be a nice added feature to be able to control where this timestamp is for our neighbors! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I didnt realize that downlaoded files have date-time embeded into the video.
I just tried it and its an ackward 2 step process. Have to share it with myself by mailing myself a link to the video then when there resave it as mp3. Would be nice to have it saved this way originally.

1 Like