cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding or changing internet connection

New Neighbor

Adding or changing internet connection

I like Ring products, but it is frustrating to change or add internet WiFi connection to Ring products because the process is NOT SOFTWARE driven
Do do this I have to connect each device separately by accessing the activation button on each.. With the Door Bell, the cover has to be removed , the button pressed the follow up on the software, Repeat for each Outdoor Cam, which is not easily reached.

This is 19th century process on a 29th century product.. All IP driven product are software accessible.. Why wouldn’t Ring implement this.

I’ve had to change Internet provides twice and also change or upgrade router and modem.. This making the Ring connection process painf and unnecessarily frustrating..

I am planning to ad 2 additional Outdoor Cameras. but if this is not changed, Ring will loose me as a customer

Frank
4 REPLIES 4
New Neighbor III

Re: Adding or changing internet connection

I have insultated my home network from my ISP.  I have my own router, switch and wifi access points.  I just plug my router into the ISP cable modem.  It does not matter who my ISP is or what they do, my local IP adddrresses and wifi is mine and never changes.  Just a thought . . . 

New Neighbor

Thanks Brad
If I stay with Ring I will consider your suggestion
Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback @Frank1! At Ring we value your security and privacy, and try our best to remain innovative with our devices. The setup process is designed to be as secure and precise as possible, to ensure dependability and accuracy when using the app. Something you may find interest in, is our power over Ethernet capable Stick Up Cams. If wifi connection is a concern, an Ethernet connection is always reliable. Check out our Stick Up Cam Elite here! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
New Neighbor

My ring door bell is hard wired to the door. I can’t press the orange button for the re-set mode. It is painful to update WiFi if you update router or change password.