Adding A ring from previous Owner Doorbell

So I recently purchased a home and the old Owners left a Ring Doorbell for me. I have a complete Ring Security system at the new house with the ring Floodlight cam. I’m trying to add the doorbell to my ring App that the previous Owner had left on the house and it wont work because it is registered already. I have tried to Contact Ring about it and they said they would escalate it which was 2 weeks ago. The old Owners have moved to North Carolina and I have no way of Contacting them. I Can’t imagine that my only option would be to purchase a whole new doorbell when there is one hardwired to my front door. Any solution would greatly be appreciated.

Hey @MEazy. The escalation for device ownership concerns should not be taking this long, as you should normally get a response on the outcome after 48 business hours. If you can, please reach back out to our support team to request a follow up and ensure it was properly escalated. They may still be able to remove the previous owner for you so you don’t have to purchase another Doorbell, or at least let you know why they cannot.

For support, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

So I reached out to customer service and the reason why I never got a call back was because the escalation request was accidentally closed by a representative. The sad Part is I called back 3 other times about the issue and not one representative mentioned that it was closed out. I was told to continue to wait and they will get back to me. So I guess now its officially escalated and now I have to wait.

I’m in the same boat. Who can I call for this? I can’t even get a phone number!!!

Well I called Customer Support and I asked worst case scenario if they can’t find previous owner after escalation and he informed me they would delete the previous owner after 2 business days if they can’t find them, or they don’t respond. So I will call after 2 days to get the ball rolling. Hope it helps!!!

Did the same thing as well. Let’s see what happens.

Just went through the most horrible experience with the Ring escalation team. You guys are ripping people off. I purchased more than a $1000 in ring devices and can’t even add a doorbell that the previous owner left to my account. They basically told me I have to purchase a new doorbell. I Purchased everything else and they can’t let me use a perfectly good doorbell that is connected to my home. Because of this I’m am returning all my ring products to amazon. And by the way, no one ever followed up or sent an email. I don’t even think it was escalated. People are just unwilling to help

Sorry to hear this concern is persisting @MEazy! The change of ownership process is intended to be quick and easy. Of course, we value your security and your privacy so there are some steps that must be followed. That being said, it should still be hassle free, especially with our support team.

We appreciate your efforts, time, and feedback. I’ve forwarded this experience to our support team for followup, and you should receive communication about a solution soon. If not, feel free to also call in to our support team, as I can assure you they are trained to deliver a much better experience than what you’ve had thus far. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile: