Accepting shared invite

My husband invited me to share our ring doorbell. He’s sent the invite, I’ve seen it… Now all I need is the “accept” button… I’ve got my own account, etc.

2 Likes

Hi @SueMartin. If you already have a Ring account created under the email address that your husband sent a shared user invitation too, there’s nothing else you need to accept from there. Since you’re not seeing the device, you may just need to toggle to another location.

In your Ring app, please go to the main menu at the top left and select on your location name above Dashboard. Once you tap on your location name, you should see another location that says “(Shared).” Tap on that and this will have the Doorbell your husband shared! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello All

just purchased our first doorbell, I have setup my mobile with no problem. I am working on sharing with my wife. Not sure if there is a workaround but we use the same email address and when I send the share invite the system realises I use d it once already for setup. We can setup a Gmail account for my wife but we were hoping to avoid this if possible

Collydog

I have tried the instructions you gave and there is only the address I set up on my wife’s account. There is no “shared”. Is email the only way to link an account?

Hey neighbors! You can only add a shared user by sharing it to their email address, which they will then create a Ring account with. In addition, if the shared user you are trying to add already has a Ring account, please add them as a shared user using that email address. Hope this helps clear it up for you!

We’ve done all those steps and “shared” never pops up as an option, your response is not correct.

6 Likes

Hey @libtechride. The (Shared) location will only show up on the shared user’s account, and the owner’s account will look the same. If you have ensured you have taken the steps to add a shared user and successfully sent the email invitation, but the location and devices are still not being shared, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hello,

My dad is currently the owner of the Ring doorbell. He had sent me an invite to have shared access to this.

I got the email made an account and then it says in the email to go back and manage the request I click on it and it isn’t showing any invite my dad has sent nothing is there.

How do I do it?

1 Like

Hi @Holliedolly002! If the invite in your email did not allow you to accept it, or did not result in the Ring device being available in your Ring app, try sending a new invitation. In the Ring app, your dad can remove and resend the invite. Please also ensure both Ring apps are up to date. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a similar problem. I’ve shared through email, she created an account with login, goes back to the email clicks “manage the request” and it send her to Ring online. When we open the app and go to locations as requested, the location isn’t listed. Seems like we are caught in a loop.

Hey @wcVette. If you’ve found yourself caught up in this loop and unable to add the shared user, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I shared our spotlight camera with my wife, but we haven’t been able to get her on. What do we do?

Hi @Ccr. Once you’ve logged in, I would make sure that you are on the correct Location. Sometimes, an duplicate location is created by mistake. Let me know if this works!

If you are stuck in the “loop”, make sure the primary account deletes the invite for the shared device and re-enters the invite after the 2nd account was created.

This should retrigger the system to send the invite with the proper “Manage Access” button.

2 Likes

You need to go to three lines on the top left corner, click “control center” , go to “shared users”, you will see invitation is pending and accept it in Manage.

2 Likes

My wife has received the email invitation and accepted it. However, my app shows a message telling me she hasn’t. Further more, should she have downloaded the Ring app for Android before accepting?

So my dad got a ring device for us and he sent an email to me to be a shared user. I made an account but it won’t connect to his as a shared user. It won’t show a location either for some reason. I did what the mail said and still won’t work.

Hi neighbors! If the steps recommended in this thread do not work and you’re not able to get a Shared User added, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can take a closer look and troubleshoot this with you further. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Just had the same issue with my wife’s phone when I invited her. All I did was deleted her invitation and then resent the invitation. The second email looked different and worked. Prior to deleting the invitation I just resent the first invitation and it did not work. Again to get it to work I had to delete the first invitation totally and then resend a new invitation. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Thank you, doing this very thing helped me add my mother!