3/4 picture is pink floodlight camera

Anyone have their cameras turn pink in daytime vision …Happened at night. The good part in the day is blocked out at night until lights come on. Then in the day the good part at night is pink. A filter or shutter or something is stuck.

1 Like

This is very unusual and should not be happening. Try a power cycle on the Floodlight Cam by turning the breaker switch, or light switch, off then back on. If this does not resolve your concern, I’d recommend contacting our support team for more isolated troubleshooting.

Same thing happen to my Ring Floodcam two days ago. Still trying to figure out what is wrong. I have tried toggling the night vision setting. Will have to try power cycling the camera tonight.

1 Like

Same think here, my floodlight cam when displaying the picture has a pink tinge to the colour. I have powered of and one, still the same. Waiting for it to go dark to see what happens in night vision.

Feel free to share those results with us here, as well as a video or image example. If a power cycle does not help, it may be best to contact our support team who can further assist with troubleshooting.

I emailed ring support on Sunday regarding this problem and within a few hours I was contacted back by Ring Community Support. I was provided with instructions to try and resolve this issue but these were not successful. I provided the attached photo to support and they have replaced the floodlight Cam. Since having my Ring devices I have been in the Ring Protect Plan. Ring Community Support have been fantastic! The replacement is on the way.

2 Likes

Awesome! Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

The same thing happened to us .

We have 2 RING floodlight cams and one Doorbell2 that we installed in 2018 …but ONE of the floodlight cams covering our driveway/frontyard is showing 1/2 of the picture with a pinkish/red “glow”.Hopefully you can HELP?

Dempster

Hi Dempster,

Ring replaced my floodlight camera, I have just fitted the replacement this evening. I would raise the issues with Ring customer services.

1 Like

Thanks so much NR,

I’ve tried rebooting the router…shutting the dedicated curcuit/power to that particular Floodlight…and still have the same issue

I havent recieved an email repsonse thus far,and but I will call C/S tommorrow.

Dempster

1 Like

Just spoke to RING c/s ,and they are sending us a NEW Floodlight CAM as you suggested.They really have SUPERB service!

Thanks Again,

Dempster

2 Likes

Hi Dempster,

I agree the Ring customer service is fantastic. I fitted my replacement yesterday and lm now back to normal viewing.

Regards

Nick

1 Like

I’m thrilled to see you both had an excellent experience with our support team. We stand by our mission, our devices, and our neighbors, as we want to deliver the peace of mind you’re looking for. Thank you for your patience with the video concern, and I hope you continue to enjoy your Floodlight Cams :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am having the same problem. Has a solution been found?

1 Like

Did you call in to Ring and ask for a replacement camera?? They are easy to work with. You can try power cycle but I don’t think it will do anything for you.

1 Like

If you hold down the button on top of the camera for 20sec the light should flash, this resets the camera. If that fails to fix it I would log If with customer services.

1 Like

C/S explained to me that their was a software issue within some cameras and that they DO NOT have a fix as of yet.But they will ship you a NEW camera after you call them,and they will log onto your account and see the problem themselves

My new Cam is in transit as I type. There customer service is awesome IMHO!

Dempster

1 Like

Hi neighbors! Thank you for helping on another :slight_smile: I’d like to clarify that this is not a software issue. However, if you are experiencing this, please first hold the setup button for a full 30 seconds for a rest. If that does not help, please give our support team a call who can further assist. Thank you!

1 Like

We are having this same issue. When we called we were told we are 1 month past our 1 year warranty so no replacement offered. We were offered a coupon towards the purchase of a new one. This is not an acceptable solution. As a loyal customer I don’t think I should have to replace a product once a year. We are very disappointed!
Regards

15 Likes

This same issue just happened to me. Obviously there is a defect in this product. The customer service rep offered me a discount code which is unacceptable. I am a paying customer with the home alarm, compatible smoke detectors, door bell and also have a new stick up cam on the way. I would appreciate it if i could also get a replacement unit as well.

11 Likes