3/4 picture is pink floodlight camera

Wouldn’t say it’s completely unusual considering there are many including myself with the same issue.

I fixed my issue by wiggling and loosening the camera part. Clean vision as can be. I still think some of these devices are defective.

So what you exactly do to get it working, I’m assuming you have a pink/purple tint at night like on my grass in the picture. All works good in the day. Like I said in previous posts it sometimes works if you get close to the camera and you get normal colour after you hear a click sound.

Mine is opposite, during the day time it looks pink and during night time, I see clear green shrubs and all.

My floodlight cam picture has turned pink /purple. I have reset the camera. I have reset the internet. It is still pink. I have two other units, one doorbell and one floodlight cam and both are showing normal. Solutions anyone?

Thank you. Had pink during the day, started about a month ago. Contacted Ring, took several tries, gave them acces to my floodlight camera, said tech’s were backlogged, checked in weekly for a few weeks, sending new photos each time. Finally replied and they should replace it, but cannot as I was out of warranty. Searched online and found this. Great. Scrolling down I saw “Stuck IR Filter”, and then, “smacked the side a few times”. IT WORKED!! It took a few tries, first street was fine, but shrubs were pink, then one side was pink, then smaller pink area, then smacking from the other side, completely clear! Thank you again!

2 Likes

Try giving it a tape with ur finger tip not hard but enough to make the camera snap out of the glitch …it gets stuck between night vision and day time mode…just try giving the camera a gentle tap and see if that clears it up

I had the same problem. 3/4 of the right side of the screen was pink during the day. I power cycled it several times. I held the reset button down for 30 seconds. None of this seem to work. Then I saw suggestion using magnets. I found some powerful magnets and I waved around the camera near the lens on the side. Voilà! Perfect image. I can’t remember if I did this while it was off or on, try both.

Smacking WORKED for me too!
(Technically, light thump with a rubber mallet, but still…)

This should be the accepted solution.

I think it’s because you move something inside the camera that is magnetic? That’s why waving a magnet also works too. Just a theory, but waving magnets around at work for me.

It’s the IR filter at night that sticks good thing is once I fixed mine a year later still has not re-appeared…

Wondered if you could help. I’m experiencing the pink image/video issue with my floodlight camera. I’ve power cycled the device as well as held the setup button down as suggested in other posts for 30 seconds.

The problem still persists, how do I raise and official ticket and request a replacement under warranty? The item is less thn 6 months old.

1 Like

After reading this post, I went out and gave it a few brisk taps. It worked. I had turned OFF Color Night Vision first. After 2-3 taps it flipped to normal daytime. I am leaving Color Night Vision OFF to prevent the IR filter from flipping back and getting stuck. It’s ok for that location. Pictures of before and after are included here

1 Like

We called customer service and walked through both proposed fixes and neither worked for us. Sounds like everyone is being offered a replacement. The best they offered us was 35% off a new one. This is unacceptable. 6 months after our 1 yr warranty, the device is junk! We are not dishing out $200 more dollars. Lifespan should be MUCH longer!! Buyer beware.

My son went up the ladder and hit our on the side with a fork and fixed it. Thanks for the info.

3/4 of the live view is pink and remaining normal color during day. Anyone experience this and solution to fix?

Thank you so much for your great thinking outside of the box. It totally worked!!! Gave it a few taps on both the sides of the camera until all the pink was gone.

FYI: the pink screen color can come back while repositioning the camera if there is abrupt movement but all it needs is another tapping on the sides.

1 Like

Glad this worked again…

The color of my video feed has a pink hue. Does anybody know how to fix this?

I had the 3/4 pink picture and hit the reset button for 30+seconds. Back to normal