3/4 picture is pink floodlight camera

Sorry that this has happened to your unit as well. I can only hope that this thread gets large enough that Amazon takes notice and is forced to take action.

1 Like

I had a similiar issue where 1/2 my screen was pink. The customer service rep. was very helpful. He did a manual remote reset. That didnt seem to fix the problem. I got home and reset the camera while I had customer service on the phone (They logged into my account and saw the “pink” screen and offered to send me a new model (you need to send the old one back) . ) and that seemed to clear up the issue.

Customer service said to call them back if the issue persists and they will send a new model out.

Dustin,

Thanks for chiming in. Sounds like you are still under warranty, or have a protect plus plan, hence the relative ease in getting a replacement.

The complaints are mostly coming from people who aren’t getting a replacement from Ring due to being out of warranty or not having a protect plus plan.

While it’s fair that Ring won’t honor a replacement outside of warranty, the issue at hand is that there seems to be a clear fault in the IR filter for these cameras, with a few reporting the issue propping up just outside of warranty.

It would be nice if Ring actually stood by it’s product and offered a fix, instead of a discount towards another floodlight cam, which is a little tone deaf since we aren’t exactly too excited to drop more money on a product that clearly has a defect, evidence by the growing amount of people chiming in this thread.

1 Like

Agree completely and think a class action law suit might be the way to proceed.

You can also post a bad review on Amazon, to warn others.

Same thing happen to me. Replacement arrived and still the same. Proper fed up with it all now. And I’ve had 3 replacements on the doorbell 2 because of the static white noise at night. There products are just crap or I’ve just been that unlucky

That completely sucks and is why I’m not buying any more of Rings equipment.

1 Like

I am going to try this reset option however if it doesn’t work, what is the solution other than buying a replacement? I have 2 floodlights. The other is OK. I was planning to get another one for a different area but if all I have to look forward to is buying a replacement with expectation of my other camera eventually going pink too, I don’t need to stick with Ring. Please advise.

1 Like

Well I received a replacement just after a few days from When I spoke to customer service and I still have the same issue, it’s either hardware or software issue. It’s a perfect picture in the day. So my opinion are either toggle it in black or white or have this pink instead of green grass. Thing is this is only on the wired version, the battery version Spotlight works fine

1 Like

Mine is pink day & night. I saw where a couple people said giving it a couple whacks fixed their problem as it’s due to a filter sticking. I think it was called an IVR filter. I’ve had my Cams for almost 2 years so I know replacement by warranty isn’t an option. Thanx for the feedback. I’m going to try whacking it later on.

1 Like

it doesn’t work

1 Like

was it still in warranty?

iF NOT A SOFTWARE ISSUE, THEN IS IT A MECHANICAL ISSUE

1 Like

I’ve had this issue for a few months RING is not going to do anything other than give me a discount on another ring. Thats not happening so I go out and give it a whack and the pink is gone.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a tough call, since a switch to another company will require research on their warranty and longevity.

If you decide to purchase another Ring product, just make sure you opt for the ring protect plus plan, since this will cover you outside the original warranty.

Sucks either way, since you’ll be walking into untested terrirtory with another product, but if you stay with Ring, you’re most likely just buying into a a product with a clear defect, which really leaves you no option but to pay for the ring protect plus plan.

1 Like

I’m curious, do you still have night vision?

Gently tapping the camera helped dislogdge the IR filter so the pink problem went away during the day. However, during the night the IR filter will not open again, so I dont have night vision. Tapping the camera did not help the IR filter to open.

So while tapping the camera got rid of the pink during the day time, I don’t have night vision. Is this the case for you? Or is the IR filter opening and closing fine again for you?

1 Like

Hi,

Yes I do have night vision on. The video Quality in the day is perfect attachment with this email.
It’s just night footage that I have the pink glow around the green grass. If I get close to the camera it will click and the video as normal soon as you walk away from the camera it clicks and the pink grass appears again

I have night vision thats fine it’s just during the day that theres a pink part of the right screen, When I tap it it goes away ,but the IR always works.

The night vision doesn’t work for me anymore

Wouldn’t say it’s completely unusual considering there are many including myself with the same issue.