2FA broken, how to make it work for multiple admins

Dear Ring Team,

Is there a way to make RING cameras work with multiple users? Right now, logging in frequently (always?) triggers the authentication code via email or SMS for me. As only one of the users of the account has access to receive the code, the others effectively are not able to log into the ring site and view video.

Is it possible to use authenticators (the 6 digit codes), hardware security keys, multiple users for one camera or SAML with RING, or is there any other way to solve this?

G u i d o

Hi @appenz! At Ring we value our neighbors privacy and security. For this reason, there are various Ring app features to help you securely accomplish sharing a household, or multiple users. For use of multiple personal mobile devices, you can login using your owner credentials which, as you know, will require authentication. You’ll then be able to see and control the access of these devices via the Control Center in the Ring app.

When adding others, such as family and friends, we recommend using the Shared Users option. This option allows you to add users via email, which allows each to login securely into their own app, verifying on their own device, and remain logged in. Check out our help center article about Shared Users for more information on how to invite and what they have access to. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Having separate accounts would be a great solution, however right now it doesn’t solve my problem as shared users can’t modify device settings which we occasionally need to do.

At this time, the only way to accomplish multiple owner access accounts is to use the same credentials for Ring app login on multiple mobile devices. As long as the mobile device remains logged in, they will not require a code, unless the Ring app is removed or logged out on that device. You can also monitor and remove authorized client devices in the Control Center of the Ring app.

As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slight_smile: