2 accounts

My partner and I have a basic plan for our doorbell camera and we recently purchased a flood light security ring camera however I set it up in my name and the doorbell is set up under his but I am on the account and he is on the floodlight camera. Do I still have to pay another fee for a whole new plan even though we are already paying for one?

My partner and I have a basic plan for our doorbell camera and we recently purchased a flood light security ring camera however I set it up in my name and the doorbell is set up under his but I am on the account and he is on the floodlight camera. Do I still have to pay another fee for a whole new plan even though we are already paying for one?

@Rachel2010 wrote:

I would have thought you should have registered them in the same name then added the other to have access

Good question @Rachel2010! This will depend on the type of Protect Plan you are subscribed to. The Protect Basic Plan offers coverage per device, while the Protect Plus Plan will cover all of the devices at one location. As you stated each device is set up on a different Ring account, the plans on each account are not shared and belong to only their respective Ring device.

If the devices were setup on one account, you would have the option of subscribing to the Protect Plus Plan and covering multiple devices at once, among other great features. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: