GeoFencing

Hi all I want the ability to set my home mode to still record motions but to disable notification.

Then if I switch modes I want notifications to become active please see the 2 pictures.

Thank you

2 Likes

So I’ve just got my new system set up. I’d like to keep notifications on for motion on my camera. But don’t need this when I’m home/alarm is set to disabled. I don’t want to manually snooze all the time. It would be far easier and hands off to have the notifications directly linked to the ring alarm mode. I don’t need a notification telling me I’ve walked through my living room when it’s disabled. But would want it when my alarms set to away !

2 Likes

I also would like to see assocaited family members to a home to allow this as well.

Hi RING

When will geo-fencing be available for Ring doorbell and cameras, so that when leaving and returning home the devices can activate and deactivate automatically?

I have geo-fencing for my Wiser heating system it is a brilliant facility.

I look forward to your replies

Paul

Yes I need this too. Forget to turn camera on when leave property and don’t want them on when home

Hi,

Is there a way to have the modes automatically adjust based on my phone’s GPS? When I leave home I want it to auto-switch to away armed mode and when I’m home I want it to auto-switch to armed home mode.

Thanks,

33 Likes

I recently switched from Arlo Cameras to Ring and the geofencing feature is one that is missed tremendously. It was so nice on the Arlo system to be able to arm and dissarm the cameras without ever having to open the app. You could also add a schedule to arm all cameras at a certain time whether or not you were in the geofence. Geofence is defintely used by MOST security related apps so I do not understand why Ring has not integrated it yet. Geofencing in conjunction with schedules in a must.

1 Like

I feel like this could work using Alexa but I can’t figure out how to do it.

No, I find it amazing they have not done this! Such an obvious feature for a ‘smart’ alarm. Apparently it’s their most requested feature but still no sign of it!

Please include the option to keep recording and live view enabled but disable motion alerts as a mode option. The binary on/off is severely limiting to the usefulness of modes. Well that and geofencing, but that’s a different request entirely.

2 Likes

Allow modes to be changed via IFTTT based on any number of factors, including time of day.

This surely needs to be incorporated.

There doesn’t appear to be away to turn off or on motion notifications through changing mode. For example when I am home I still want the cameras recording motion but dont need a notification every time, surely this toggle can be added to the modes section rather than having to go into each camera and altering the notification setting?

First of all - happy with product. Love modes - however…

My family has a real person with a 14-page criminal record (including attempted m-rder) constantly harrassing us and threatening to kill us. We can’t get a restraining if we can’t locate him for serving.

With that said - I need my cameras in ALL modes to ALWAYS be recording motion. Which they do. Perfect.

I know there’s MODE settings to choose what cameras detect motion in HOME/DISARMED mode - (which as I noted I need all cameras recording all the time).

What I would like control over… Is which devices notifty my phone on detected motion. I want all my internal cameras to record while I’m home - but I only need notifications on the outside cameras. If I could control each devices notification settings in each mode I think that would solve my issue.

5 Likes

Or using our phones MAC address via WiFi or NFC or Bluetooth

Yes, that’s a great idea @JediX. It would also be great to set the modes to a schedule of your choosing as a secondary option, like having the app arm your system automatically at 10PM and disarm at 6AM.

Maybe the new “Snapshot Capture” feature might meet your needs to keep the camera on? It takes a single snap picture in repeating regular intervals that you set on your camera between motion events. Then when you select “Live View” you can scroll back the time bar to view the past events, which will now also play the multiple Snapshots that were taken inbetween the events. It will appear like a sped-up Time-Lapse video. You won’t receive any Notifications while it is just taking snapshots. And you still can get Notifications for a Event triggered by motion.

To set up this feature, go to “Device Settings” on the camera, select “Snapshot Capture”, turn on the Snapshot Capture and select the Frequency (with my cameras, I can select the interval for every 3 minutes, 1 minute, or every 30 seconds … and with my doorbell, I can select snap intervals of every hour, 14 minutes, or 5 minutes). I currently have mine set on the shortest available settings.

I haven’t been able to download any of the snapshots, like you can do with Event Video recordings. I think currently Snapshots can only be viewed for the 60 days with the “Protect Plus” plan.

I wish Ring could make downloading of individual Snapshots possible too. I find that sometimes I discover something interesting that occurred between the regulars video events.

I have Draytom Wiser App controlled wi-fi heating system installed for my central heating.

It uses ‘Life360 App’ for tracking so that where ever the mobile phone is the system knows. My wife and myself live in the property, if one of us goes out nothing happens, nothing needs to happen. But if we both leave the house every thermostatic radiator valve drops to 16 degrees, or what ever temperature is set in the App. On our return journey the App tracks us and when we come within 2 miles of home the system is triggered and puts all temperatures back to the settings they were all. It works really well.

A similar situation would be great for the Ring system, when the last person leaves the property, last mobile phone tracked, the system could fully activate automatically and reset before re-entering. This would work with Ring Cameras, or cameras and alarm system.

I agree with this. When I’m home (and set to disarmed or home mode) I don’t need notifications for the back door, but when I’m away I do.

Please add geofencing to Home Modes. Also add automation for modes based on a schedule.
Please integrate with Smartthings, Ecobee, IOS HOME and IFTT for geofencing.
Having to manually switch modes is ridiculous.
Also add the ability to add new modes.
Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Please add geofencing to Home Modes. Also add automation for modes based on a schedule.
Please integrate with Smartthings, Ecobee, IOS HOME and IFTT for geofencing.
Having to manually switch modes is ridiculous.
Also add the ability to add new modes.
Thank you very much.

5 Likes