Allow multiple payment methods to be used for different locations in one account

It should be possible to use different credit cards with RING products installed at two different locations. We have our house and a rental house with RING products. The rental house financial transactions are paid for with a business credit card. Our home with a personal credit card. The web site allows changing the credit card on each individual location but erroneously sets the other location to the same credit card. Different credit cards should be allowed for different locations. Using two different accounts isn’t the solution. We need ONE dashboard for both locations, but a way to pay the RING services separately.

i second this suggestion.

… and Ring! stop making it difficult to post anything. first i need a tag which didn’t already exist so no go because it wouldn’t let me create a new one. then i need to enter a minimum # of characters so no go.

1 Like

I have the same problem and request. I need to be able to monitor both locations on one dashboard, but bill each location separately.

I have residential and business RING products at two different locations - therefore need a second monitor/video recordning account. Billing option only give me the choice to enter one credit card. You should allow for another billing option (credit card) so we dont have to keep track of when our accounts are up for auto-renewal and need to go in and switch from personal credit card to business credit card. The one billing option defeats the purpose of auto-renewal.

thanks

Ring allows for ONE payment source. Just ONE!

The only thing worse than the lack of payment options is the hassle factor to call in and try and have billing resolved. The process is time-consuming, epic, and totally avoidable.

When you think you’re all smart and come up with a workaround by logging into the account, swapping the credit card on file before renewal you are doomed to fail. Ring will accept your billing to the new card but then send an email that they prorated your payment to sync with other location payments. Thus reversing your goal to have unique payments to different locations.

Calling Customer service has resulted in… 1 hr 10-minute call, 47-minute call, 11-minute call and now Billing department to contact me in 48-72 hours. Meanwhile, some locations have been billed to a client’s credit card and now require action from me to explain why this is happening, reversal of fees, accounting notes, etc.

It seems incredibly easy and admittedly I’m incredulous that a business such as Ring, owned by Amazon, doesn’t have this worked out. Each year, the same problem is only compounded when you add locations that require their own billing option.

Some suggestions for the development team:

A) Allow for multiple payment sources. The end-user can select their source or creates a default payment method. THEIR choice.

B) Allow for 3rd party payments. Paypal, Venmo, Apple Pay, Amazon pay, etc.

C) RESPECT PAYMENTS MADE. DO NOT SYNC PAYMENT DATES! Allow the end-user to log in and force payments. Take it as face value. Let accounts pay early, on a different schedule, or whatever. Unique billing dates are helpful for a variety of reasons. Just let the payments be what they are or if you insist GIVE the OPTION to sync billing dates with other locations.

And yes, I’m aware that a workaround is to create unique accounts for each location and then share access. Sure, a unique log-in would solve the billing issue but creates a host of other management issues and a clunky fix just to avoid the avoidable billing problem. Ring, I implore you, please take this up with the development team. Allow customers to manage accounts by paying with more than one payment type!

Lastly, it’s borderline shady to not have a customer service email address or even contact form option for a customer to reach out to Ring. Let your customers help Ring to become a better product. Lack of contact options is doing Ring and your customers a disservice.

I have a similar issue with Ring. There are no other payment options other than credit card. In India, vendors have to comply with RBI (Indian Central Bank) guidelines that mandate 2FA for credit cards. Ring.com is not compliant to these guidelines. Netflix and Google are compliant. Apple has allowed other modes of payment for their subscription. Why Amazon/Ring.com does not have such facility? I have spoken to Ring.com customer service on this issue but to no avail. I get a standard answer that they are going to look into it and blame it on the bank. Currently my Ring Protect plan has been discontinued by Ring as they payment did not go through due to the above reasons. What is the way forward? This would impact all Indian customers. Please come up with other payment options other than credit cards, like in the care of Apple or be RBI guidelines compliant like Netflix and Google.

1 Like

We surely need more payment modes, also pay when you want instead of subscription and support Indian cards as per RBI guidelines.

Ridiculous this is not fixed yet. We should be able to utilize different cards, personal and business.

1 Like

I have Ring at my home and my business. Would be beneficial if I personally didn’t have to pay for the business or the business have to pay for my home. PLEASE ADD A FEATURE TO ALLOW FOR A SEPARATE CARD PER LOCATION. There should be an option to have different forms of payment. If I have to sign up for a separate plan for each location than that plan should not be mandated to use the same form of payment. Please… make this change. Thank you

Absolutely yes. We need this to split between business and personal locations.

There should be a feature that would allow different payment methods for different locations under one account. I want to manage the security of my parents home since they are not tech savvy but I don’t want to be the one financially responsible for it. It is too inconvenient having to log out of my account and then log into my parents account in order to manage their home and see what’s going on. Please make this feature available!

Can we please please please add the feature of being able to add multiple payment methods to our Account? This would be very helpful so that I can have multiple properties on different payment methods (investment on business credit card for tax purposes). Please :slight_smile:

Could not agree more. Please add this feature. We have multiple properties that must be charged to different cards.

I have 2 locations under my account my home and my work. I just found out today that Ring has ZERO capability to split the 2 locations for seperate payments. This is such an easy feature yet missing from the entire app. So now I have to pay both for my home and business under my personal credit card rather doing it properly and having sperate payment options for both.

Ring Dev team please incorporate this feature in your app! This is such a basic concept that’s missing and can truly benifit many.

Same situation here. Adding my post to emphasize how many people want/need this option. I have accounts for home and business and need to use a separate credit card for each to manage expenses properly. Please add this option.

Just got online with a rep for chat and went through this request again. The reply was, “I understand your frustration! Yes, I can escalate this on my end as an agent and leave feedback and I will do so.” The rep also commented that this request comes up a lot.

I just went to set up my business location camera plan and I cannot add a business credit card to pay for it. How on earth do you not have the ability for one account to have multiple payment methods? That is simply archaic…I say that, but can think of companies that have had multiple payment method support for over 20 years! Please add the ability to have multiple payment methods for different locations inside of one account.