Separate settings per Motion Zone including recording and notifications

This goes hand and hand with a feature request titled “Zone Based Notifications”. I recommend you plus up that one also as it has 17 likes already.

3 Likes

So many people have asked for this, in so many different requests. Hopefully it gets through to the dev team.

4 Likes

Done! Thanks

This surely must be a simple feature to create? It would help me so much and make the the ring devices even smarter, as my neighbours and I share a driveway, so during the day I want that zone turned off otherwise I would get a lot of unwanted motion alerts, but at night, it would be great if the motion zone would authomatically turn on?

4 Likes

This surely must be a simple feature to create? It would help me so much and make the the ring devices even smarter, as my neighbours and I share a driveway, so during the day I want that zone turned off otherwise I would get a lot of unwanted motion alerts, but at night, it would be great if the motion zone would authomatically turn on?

1 Like

This would be great, as I have to modify the zones every evening and morning

1 Like

I would like to setup 2 zones: one to alarm and record, and the other to record only. Is this possible?

2 Likes

This may be new technology for Ring, but the capabilities for zones and zone alerting have been out there for several years. I have had an 8 camera Night Owl system for 6 years with this capability. When we moved 2.5 years ago, I decided to install Ring instead of my other cameras. But, as others have already said, I do not have the zone and alert capabilities for each zone. I am still hopeful that Ring will invest in this capability soon so I can move away from multiple security systems.

3 Likes

New feature request: like above, it would be nice to have different trigger events for motion zones. If there is motion in Zone 1 -Always record and turn on lights, Zone 2 - Turn on Lights, Zone 3 - Turn on Linked Light Front Door, Zone 4 - Play audio file

3 Likes

This is greatly needed. Thank you.

2 Likes

Agreed, in fact Ring could make some more money out of me if it had this feature.

I don’t currently pay to store Record Motion, because what I want to be Alerted about and what I want Recorded are different.

But if I had the ability to customize zones, then I would tell

Zone2 to Record Motion, but not send Motion Alerts and

Default Zone to send Motion Alerts, but not Record Motion, then I would pay the subscription.

3 Likes

would love to see this feature as well. We have had a number of crime incidents in our area and had to turn off notifications so that we can record motion on the road to help out.

2 Likes

I found yours and adding my vote. Here’s mine:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Zone-Based-Notifications/idi-p/25562

2 Likes

I came here to request this exact feature. I want to put 2 zones on my Ring Pro doorbell. One for the road and one for the property. I only want to get notifications for the property zone.

2 Likes

It would be great to have different motion zones based on schedule. During the day filter sidewalk and street but at night enable it.

I would like to see this feature too. I want any motion on the street to be recorded, but I don’t want to be annoyed by constant alerts.

2 Likes

Give each Motion Zone it’s own Motion Alert button. That way I can record zones wihtout being alerted every time there is motion in it. It shouldn’t be ‘all zones send motion alerts or no zones do’. I want SOME of my moton zones to send alerts (when somehting is CLOSE to my home) and SOME of my motion zones simply to record areas (like the street) without being alerted. Also - give each Motion Zone its own “People Only Mode” and “Motion Sensitivity.” Each Motion Zone is diffferent, so each one should have it’s own separate settings!

5 Likes

I joined to add this suggestion but see that it is here already. Say I’m planning on adding a camera to watch the front of the house (driveway, sidewalk, road). It would be nice to set minimal zones for those areas during the day while it is busy. However, during the night (specifically when the neighborhood has been experiencing higher crime rates 3AM - 5 AM) it would be nice to expand those zones to pick up all motion. I know this could probably be done by snoozing motion in the zones, but I’d like to be able to add Day Time zones, Evening zones, and maybe High Alert zones for those times I want to specify. This way the batteries won’t be draining with all day time activity. Once I like the location of the battery powered camera, I may purchase a hard wired camera since I will know what the view looks like already.