cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wildlife

0 Kudos

Wildlife

Can we get "wildlife" as a posting category?  Many people post videos of fox or deer in the "safety" category.  Many of us enjoy seeing these critters, but categorizing harmless wildlife as safety is innacurate.  They should not be "lost pets" either.  

1 Comment
New Neighbor

I agree that there should be a category so that people can uncheck it as the posts they want to see. I am sick of seeing "coyote sightinigs" around my neighborhood getting deleted. I have small animals and thnk it is extremely neighborly to be given a heads up. They eat domestic animals often and I want to know when I need to be extra careful about taking my dogs outside. I am extremely livid about this topic and am sick of people either deleting the posts or posting horrible things.... here are a few examples of what I am seeing: "Get a real dog, not a small one", "Who cares?", "Yes, wild animals exist", "Go to bed". While I haven't personally had to post any wildlife sightings that pose a threat to small children and animals, I see them get deleted. The people reporting and the moderators who are deleting them are messing with the safety of my family. I really don't care about "neighborly moments". I want to protect my family. Please do something about this. 

To add, I have discussed this issue with agents on a few separate occasions and I had (in so many words) asked if posts about coyotes were breaking the rules. I was simply told, "if the moderators are deleting them, then yes." 

This issue has been on my radar for a while and I have been struggling to find the time to go through topics and share my thoughts. I do my best to report things that are actually breaking the rules.