Multiple Two-step Verification Code Options

@Cap2020 wrote:

Please, please, please. Like a Bank app or other apps, give the user multiple choices on where to send their verification code. I don’t mean during setup when you choose email or text. I mean if I’m logging in when I am home by myself, I need to reach my husband at work to ask him to check his email (or text) and tell me what the code is. If we were to switch it to me we’d have the same problem. Only he’d be finding me to ask the code. When we log in with our bank they ask “where do you want this verification code sent: your email, husband text message, wife text message.” We can choose one of the three options every time we log in. This is the most frustrating aspect of the Ring app. Thank you!

Hello @Cap2020 ,

It sounds like both you and your husband are using the same “Owner” log-in Ring email/password. You can use your own personal email, create a Ring account with that email address, and then your husband can make you a “Shared User” utilizing his Ring app with the “Owner” email account. He can give you access/permission to almost everything in the Owner Ring account (video doorbells, video cameras, alarm system), expect some specific critical settings.

The “Share User” can now make setting changes, like different Alert-Tones/Chirp-Tones, arrange the Ring display the way you like, and have your own personal alarm Keypad 4-digit code, and etc., and all without worry of accidentally modifying/altering critical important setting of the Owner’s App (the ‘master control’ app). It is a good idea to only have one ‘Master App’ running, to prevent inadvertent changes to important settings. My spouse is a Shared User, because she had an knack for accidentally changing critical settings, after I got them ‘tweaked’ just right. LOL :slight_smile: I even created a “Shared User” email account for myself for use on my company mobile phone, and only use my ‘master control’ “Owner” log-in on my personal cellphone Ring App.

1. Create a new Ring account using your email address: ( https://site.ring.com/users/sign_in ) utilizing “Create a New Account.”

2. Main Menu (the 3 horizontal lines upper-left-corner of Dashboard on Owner’s App) > Control Center > Shared Users > select your location “Manage” > tap the blue “Plus sign” icon (lower right-corner) > Add Shared User > enter Your personal email address > Send Invite.

3. Then you’ll get an email "Inviting you to the Owner account. Once you are a Shared User, on the Owner App select your name that is now on the Shared User list, and toggle ON the App Permissions for the Ring devices the Own wants to give you access to.

Now, with your own “Shared User” account for Ring, all Two-Step Verifications ( 2SV ) will come directly to you via email or text message, independent to your husband’s “Owner” account. This way, you no longer that to go through the ‘game of tag’ for contacting him for the ‘Owner’ 2SV.

This is a way to solve your current issue, and I hope you find this information helpful. :slight_smile: